How to Turn Off Auto-Renewal RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,
    I don't want OneCare to automatically renew my subscription. How do I turn this auto-renewal off? Thanks in advance
    • Moved by Stephen BootsMVP, Moderator Wednesday, August 19, 2009 2:52 PM renewal question (From:Windows Live OneCare Install and Activate)
    Wednesday, August 19, 2009 1:42 PM

Answers

• You can't turn off auto-renewal, but it is now a moot point as OneCare is at end of live. If your subscription is due to expire shortly, your subscription will be extended for up to 6 months for free. Later this year, Microsoft Security Essentials will be released and you will receive information on how to change from OneCare to it. Microsoft Security Essentials will be free to all licensed users of Windows (not all regions immediately, but everywhere that OneCare is currently available at first). It will not include the additional features of OneCare beyond antivirus and antispyware. OneCare renewals will be disallowed in the near future after Microsoft Security Essentials has been released.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Wednesday, August 19, 2009 2:52 PM