Map Point Excel Import? RRS feed

• Question

• How do I import an excel file into map point?  I am using a trial version to see if this works. Is there any difference in the trial version and the regular version?
    Tuesday, March 27, 2012 9:22 PM

All replies

• The only differences are that you do not have to register the trial version with Microsoft and that you may only use if for 60 days after which the trial version will not load.

Try a search in Help for the key words "excel" and "import."

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 3:12 AM
  • Its seems that when I try to import 20 addresses, only 8 really go through?  Any thoughts?
    Wednesday, March 28, 2012 1:21 PM
  • I would guess that it has something to do with the way the data is arrayed in the spreadsheet file.

Take a look at the source file and see if you can determine what differentiates the "in" data from the "out" data.  Then, format the "out" data to conform with the "ins."

MapPoint has the capacity to import vast quantities of data, so I am sure you are not bumping up against any product limitations.

• Edited by Philip K1 Thursday, March 29, 2012 1:49 PM
    Wednesday, March 28, 2012 1:33 PM
  • What Map Style are you using when you import? The Multiple Symbol map does have a limitation of 8 different symbols or ranges.

There are tutorials in the Help file that shows how to import data from Excel is various ways and various map styles.

Eric

http://www.MapForums.com

Thursday, March 29, 2012 1:19 PM
  • It does sound like the Multiple Symbol option is being used (which only allows a maximum of 8 symbol categories). Just use the Pushpins.

Richard Marsden
    MapPoint Add-ins at Mapping-Tools.com

Thursday, March 29, 2012 9:32 PM