Genuine Advantage problem validating RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello, when I run the genuine windows validator it says my product key is a VLK as shown below:

This copy of Windows did not pass genuine validation.

The product key found on this computer is a Volume License Key (VLK) that has been blocked.

The product key is a unique identifier assigned by Microsoft only to genuine Windows software. If this key is missing or incorrect, it may indicate the presence of counterfeit software and your computer may be at risk.

The Windows product key installed on this computer is a Volume License Key (VLK) that has been blocked. A VLK is typically licensed to organizations that want to use multiple copies of Windows. However, if a VLK is reported as stolen or leaked, it is blocked from passing validation and is not considered genuine.

You or your organization may be a victim of software counterfeiting if:

• You received a computer with a VLK, but you do not have a Volume License Agreement with Microsoft, or
    • Your organization purchased a VLK from a 3rd party but does not have a Volume License Agreement with Microsoft.

If you do have a Volume License Agreement with Microsoft, you believe you are using the appropriate VLK assigned to your organization, and your VLK has not been reported as stolen or lost, contact your system administrator, Large Account Reseller (LAR), or Enterprise Software Advisor (ESA) to report the problem.

When I try to fill out a report for counterfit software it says I must have a hologram installation CD. This copy of windows was installed on my PC when I purchased it. The COA is on the back of the PC and I have the original windows XP install booklet "for distribution only with a new PC" is what the booklet says on the side. I have an install CD which is profesionally printed stating "GENUINE" etc and has microsoft branding on it but its not a hologram. Why won't I qualify for the replacement copy of windows XP (this is what is said in the place where I file the piracy report).

What are my options? I paid around 150$ extra for the PC to come installed with windows XP pro.

-Thanks I didn't know where else I could post this question

Andy

Monday, December 3, 2007 1:15 AM

Answers

• Andy,

First please Download and run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 , then click the Windows tab, Copy to Clipboard, then paste the report into a New Post on this Forum.

Step 2 is tell us about the COA. Tell us:

1. What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center?
    2. Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?
    3. Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?
    4. DO NOT post the Product Key.
    5. Please also provide a short description of the issue you are experiencing.

NOTE: The data collected with the Genuine Diagnostics Tool does NOT contain any information that can personally identify you and can be fully reviewed, by you, before being posted.

Stephen Holm, MS

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 2:19 AM
  • Andy,

Please tell me more about your system? Where was the computer purchased from and did you not receive any of the software with the system. Please provide me with any information about the company where you made the purchase such as the phone number, website and where the store is located. 

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 2:21 AM

All replies

• Andy,

First please Download and run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 , then click the Windows tab, Copy to Clipboard, then paste the report into a New Post on this Forum.

Step 2 is tell us about the COA. Tell us:

1. What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center?
    2. Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?
    3. Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?
    4. DO NOT post the Product Key.
    5. Please also provide a short description of the issue you are experiencing.

NOTE: The data collected with the Genuine Diagnostics Tool does NOT contain any information that can personally identify you and can be fully reviewed, by you, before being posted.

Stephen Holm, MS

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 2:19 AM
  • Andy,

Please tell me more about your system? Where was the computer purchased from and did you not receive any of the software with the system. Please provide me with any information about the company where you made the purchase such as the phone number, website and where the store is located. 

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 2:21 AM
  •  

sorry to not follow the forum first post procedures, anyways I'll start a new thread tonight after work when I can collect all the info requested.

-Thanks

Andy

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 2:22 PM