Control some users to access some of record data, not all record of one entity RRS feed

• Question

• There are 100 account records, I want to allow user a to access 50 of them and user b to access others.

How can I control this requirement in crm 2015?

Awen

Thursday, April 16, 2015 1:13 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Awen,

Not via permissions since setting up Read permissions for an Entity will allow the user to access any record of that Entity Type.

Not sure on your ultimate goal here, but you could potentially only enable one view (e.g "My Accounts", filter by owner) and assign 50 accounts to user A and the other 50 to user B.

Thursday, April 16, 2015 11:52 PM
  • thanks for your reply.

actually, I want user a can read /create some accounts and user b can read / create other accounts. User a cannot access user b's accounts and user b cannot access user a's accounts. I donot want to use assign method, because the record is not fixed 100.

Awen

Friday, April 17, 2015 12:04 AM
  • you need to use Business Units for this requirement and put the user in different BU.

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - Rockstar 365 Profile

Friday, April 17, 2015 2:27 AM
  • Hi Awen,

From my understanding, you can use different views for different groups (one user or more than one user). Then you need to write javascript to check current's group and remove specified views after loading. This is the workable way I thought.

However, these records can be found through advanced find. You can disabled searchable for this entity.

I haven't found any customization to achieve the goal.

Hope this helps.

• Edited by George Hua Friday, April 17, 2015 3:02 AM
    Friday, April 17, 2015 2:38 AM
  • I tried this one, but not luchy. thanks。

Awen

Friday, April 17, 2015 3:10 AM
  • Hi Awen,

What happened?

I ever done something to filter views through XRM service tool kit. This is workable.

Friday, April 17, 2015 4:03 AM
  • sorry, I said BU method, not your js method. I will try js method .

Awen

Friday, April 17, 2015 4:06 AM
  • Hi Awen,

OK. Have a good luck.

In addition, here is a C# sample code to hide views for your reference:

http://blogs.c5insight.com/Home/tabid/40/entryid/23/MS-CRM-4-0-How-to-Hide-System-Views.aspx

Views are named "Savedquery" in SQL Server database.

Regards.

• Edited by George Hua Friday, April 17, 2015 4:18 AM
    Friday, April 17, 2015 4:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by Awen Hu Monday, April 20, 2015 11:09 AM
    Monday, April 20, 2015 9:48 AM