OneCare 2.0 and Vista Sleep Mode RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Dell 1500 laptop using Vista Business.  For months prior to installing OneCare, I have used the sleep mode quite a bit.  Simply closed the display and it went to sleep ... open it and it wakes up.  Since installing OneCare 2.0, the machine refuses to go to sleep mode, no matter if I simply close the display or command the modes through the Start Menu or by using the power button.

The only other software that has been installed recently was Adobe Phtoshop CS3.  I doubt that it would be doing something that would prevent sleep mode.

Is this a known issue, or do I need to be looking somewhere else?

Thanks in advance.

Ken

Monday, July 30, 2007 1:06 AM

Answers

•  Stephen Boots wrote:

Hi, Ken. I haven't heard of this before, so file a bug, if you could. Provide the support logs and enter as much detail as you can in the bug report on Connect.

-steve

Done.

Cheers!!

Ken

Monday, July 30, 2007 5:59 AM

All replies

• Hi, Ken. I haven't heard of this before, so file a bug, if you could. Provide the support logs and enter as much detail as you can in the bug report on Connect.

-steve

Monday, July 30, 2007 2:13 AM
  •  Stephen Boots wrote:

Hi, Ken. I haven't heard of this before, so file a bug, if you could. Provide the support logs and enter as much detail as you can in the bug report on Connect.

-steve

Done.

Cheers!!

Ken

Monday, July 30, 2007 5:59 AM
  • Thanks, Ken!

-steve

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 1:39 AM
  • I recently installed OneCare 2.0 and am having the same issue:computer will not go to sleep.  Has there been any resolution here?

Stirling

Saturday, February 9, 2008 11:39 AM
  • This is a really old beta thread, Stirling. I'm not aware of any current problems with this. Please contact support if you are experiencing this - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, February 11, 2008 2:52 AM
  • Have anyone got a solution to this? I have the same issue, I bought a new HP pavillion computer, sleeps work great until I installed OneCare. 

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 12:34 PM