ACER Aspire easystore H340 - How to uninstall McAfee total protection RRS feed

• Question

• I have an easystore H340 from Acer. I want to unistall McAfee in order to install another AV software (I could not install this software as McAfee was installed).
    Has anyone been succesfull?
    Sunday, February 21, 2010 6:36 PM

Answers

• A quick search in the forums will show that other users have removed it by logging into their server through remote desktop and using Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs to uninstall. However, this (like anything that requires the use of Remote Desktop) is unsupported.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Sunday, February 21, 2010 10:57 PM

All replies

• A quick search in the forums will show that other users have removed it by logging into their server through remote desktop and using Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs to uninstall. However, this (like anything that requires the use of Remote Desktop) is unsupported.
    Sunday, February 21, 2010 10:57 PM
  • I have uninstalled this by remote desktop into your server.... control panel....add and remove programs and uninstall both mcafee programs ..... reboot ...... gone..... gees if it worked noone would want to uninstall it

after activation it never updated or actually activated...... and OMG the network messages bizillion of those

very annoying program

using whsclam...... very good so far..... wierd install.... msi then ....download.....then update... oh yeah reboots

but very good so far hope they don't drop it

my answers or disscusion points might not always right but they may have points not yet looked at. If you feel insulted by any points this is not my intention, i'm trying to help
    Wednesday, March 24, 2010 8:33 PM
  • I also have Acer Easystore H340.  How do I get Remote Desktop so I can remotely login to the WHS server to uninstall McAfee?

Regards, Kevin ;-)

Saturday, April 17, 2010 7:20 AM
  • Start/Run/mstsc.exe
    Saturday, April 17, 2010 1:59 PM
  • Thanks Ken...  Probably the most powerfull five letter word WHS users should know.

One note to others; the username may not necessarily be one of the account names on your server.  In my case, the username was the default "administrator", yet the password was my account name password.

Regards, Kevin (prodrok)

Sunday, April 18, 2010 7:13 AM
  • The user name is always administrator, the password is always the password you established for the console (which you matched with your user credentials, I assume).
    Sunday, April 18, 2010 12:07 PM
  • Hi all,

I'm new on H340 and WHS,

thanks a lot ken for the mstsc.exe information... 

Bye

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 8:39 AM
  • 110% awesome

Thank You for everyone who is out there to help with this server project. The H340's a good little toaster.  

Sunday, May 23, 2010 8:49 PM