none
Can't Find Server on Network. Any suggestions RRS feed

• Question

• I recently did installed Windows Home Server. The installation was successful and there were no error messages. When I open the Home Server console on the server itself, it shows network is healthy and no issues to report, however; I still can't see it in my network. Note (it does not appear to have an internet connection. I tried to run Microsoft Update and it asks me to connect, I set it up for my connection but it still doesn't work.) Any suggestions would be welcome. FYI, I'm new to this so any information or help will be good for me.
    Saturday, March 21, 2009 6:58 PM

Answers

• dronk said:

I recently did installed Windows Home Server. The installation was successful and there were no error messages. When I open the Home Server console on the server itself, it shows network is healthy and no issues to report, however; I still can't see it in my network. Note (it does not appear to have an internet connection. I tried to run Microsoft Update and it asks me to connect, I set it up for my connection but it still doesn't work.) Any suggestions would be welcome. FYI, I'm new to this so any information or help will be good for me.

Can you get on to the internet from the server at all?  If not, you probably need to install the drivers for the NIC.
    Saturday, March 21, 2009 7:29 PM

All replies

• dronk said:

I recently did installed Windows Home Server. The installation was successful and there were no error messages. When I open the Home Server console on the server itself, it shows network is healthy and no issues to report, however; I still can't see it in my network. Note (it does not appear to have an internet connection. I tried to run Microsoft Update and it asks me to connect, I set it up for my connection but it still doesn't work.) Any suggestions would be welcome. FYI, I'm new to this so any information or help will be good for me.

Can you get on to the internet from the server at all?  If not, you probably need to install the drivers for the NIC.
    Saturday, March 21, 2009 7:29 PM
  • reloaded drivers and its now working. Thanks for helping me out.
    Saturday, March 21, 2009 9:03 PM