none
Restore Last Session - Microsoft Windows

Question

• Hi,

Like in Google Chrome -> Restore previous session where it is closed option. why don't you add a button like shut-down or sleep in windows, just to restore the system where it is closed with the previous state. 

i.e,

I need to shutdown my computer by the end of my office work. But when I ON it for the next day, like Google Chrome it need to view all the folders and files which are in open state while shut-downing. For that it should not forcibly close the open folders and files while shutting-down. It need to keep it in memory and open for the next day.  

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Thursday, March 5, 2015 2:56 PM Looking for the proper forum.
    Wednesday, March 4, 2015 11:40 AM

Answers

• Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion':

What you are wanting to do is either standby or hibernate, which Microsoft have occasionally change the name of, but which should get you started on the right path.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Thursday, March 5, 2015 2:56 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The Windows Desktop Perfmon and Diagnostic tools forum is to discuss performance monitor (perfmon), resource monitor (resmon), and task manager, focusing on HOW-TO, Errors/Problems, and usage scenarios.

As the question is off topic here, I am moving it to the Where is the Forum... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Thursday, March 5, 2015 2:53 PM
  • Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion':

What you are wanting to do is either standby or hibernate, which Microsoft have occasionally change the name of, but which should get you started on the right path.

Karl

Thursday, March 5, 2015 2:56 PM