psexec @list.txt -s -u domain\admin wuauclt /detectnow /updatenow doest work remote any more since a few days RRS feed

  • Question

  • For several days there has been a problem with remote enforcement of system updates at the request of the administrator.
    Until now, on request, I started:
    psexec @ wupdate.txt -s -u domain\admin wuauclt /detectnow /updatenow
    and everything was ok. For several days the service is not working properly. On several hundred computers, the anti-virus application (which also has the function of updating the system and can not handle it - after that I met) reports the need to update the system. Nothing has changed in the domain during these few days.

    I will add that I can approach the computer (or the remote desktop) in the console execute the command "wuauclt / updatenow" and the update starts and goes smoothly.

    Has anyone coped with such a problem already? How to get around it?
    Applies to windows 7 pro and 10 pro. I know that under 10 of the console is OU... however, the antivirus program did it regardless of the system version in a proper way. From the moment I detected the problem, I can not perform this task either remotely or through the psexec from the console by the antivirus program.

    I noticed that after a remote connect from the console "wuauclt /updatenow" on the target computer, the trustedinstaller service starts to be "active" (cpu / ram) doing something, but unfortunately it does not install updates. The message is constantly displayed in the windows update control panel that there are updates available and nothing changes. When I call it from the console locally, the installation progress bar appears immediately.


    2019-02-13 20:52:24:539  968 ae0 Service WARNING: GetUserTokenFromSessionId failed with error 800703f0 for session 0
    2019-02-13 20:52:24:539  968 ae0 AU AU received approval from Ux for 8 updates
    2019-02-13 20:52:24:539  968 ae0 AU AU setting pending client directive to 'Progress Ux'
    2019-02-13 20:52:24:539 4128 17f0 CltUI AU client got new directive = 'Shutdown', serviceId = {7971F918-A847-4430-9279-4A52D1EFE18D}, return = 0
    2019-02-13 20:52:24:539  968 4ec AU AU received handle event
    2019-02-13 20:52:24:539  968 4ec AU UpdateDownloadProperties: 0 download(s) are still in progress.
    2019-02-13 20:52:24:539  968 4ec AU Triggering Offline detection (non-interactive)
    2019-02-13 20:52:24:539  968 4ec AU #############
    2019-02-13 20:52:24:539  968 4ec AU ## START ##  AU: Search for updates
    2019-02-13 20:52:24:539  968 4ec AU #########
    2019-02-13 20:52:24:539  968 4ec AU <<## SUBMITTED ## AU: Search for updates [CallId = {BBD74A2E-EFB2-4645-A6C9-101C5934E47E}]
    2019-02-13 20:52:24:539  968 e10 Agent *************
    2019-02-13 20:52:24:539  968 e10 Agent ** START **  Agent: Finding updates [CallerId = AutomaticUpdates]
    2019-02-13 20:52:24:539  968 e10 Agent *********
    2019-02-13 20:52:24:539  968 e10 Agent   * Online = No; Ignore download priority = No
    2019-02-13 20:52:24:539  968 e10 Agent   * Criteria = "IsInstalled=0 and DeploymentAction='Installation' or IsPresent=1 and DeploymentAction='Uninstallation' or IsInstalled=1 and DeploymentAction='Installation' and RebootRequired=1 or IsInstalled=0 and DeploymentAction='Uninstallation' and RebootRequired=1"
    2019-02-13 20:52:24:539  968 e10 Agent   * ServiceID = {7971F918-A847-4430-9279-4A52D1EFE18D} Third party service
    2019-02-13 20:52:24:539  968 e10 Agent   * Search Scope = {Machine}

    • Edited by PePeCCS Wednesday, February 13, 2019 7:56 PM
    • Moved by Richard MuellerMVP Wednesday, February 13, 2019 10:43 PM Not a TechNet Wiki question
    Wednesday, February 13, 2019 7:45 PM


All replies