none
New Profile Look - it's distracting RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

This is what I see in the message header in Google Chrome:

And this is what I see in My Profile Activity:

In my opinion, this very recent change as how profile looks is not good. The prior way was much better. Right now the big Points in the message header are very distracting and the Activity is very hard to read.

Please revert back to the prior look of the Profiles, so the message header will look as it used to look before and the Activity page also should look as it used to look. That recent change makes my interaction with forums and concentrating on answering questions harder.

This is my opinion.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Friday, March 9, 2012 5:38 PM

Answers

All replies

• The activity IS hard to read - I liked it when there were icons showing which kind of activity it was - I do like being able to select the kind of activity though....

Karl

My Blog: http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ("6B61726C6D69747363686B65406D742E6E6574"-split"(?<=\G.{2})",19|%{[char][int]"0x$_"})

Friday, March 9, 2012 5:51 PM
  • BTW, the activity and points seem to stop right now - I don't see my latest activity (last 10 minutes) and I don't see my points increased because of that helpful vote I see in this thread.

My blog

Friday, March 9, 2012 5:57 PM
  • BTW, it's a bit hard to explain why the old way was better. I think the old look was less distracting. With the Activity page I think it's easy to see why it was better - may be it was the font or mostly the spacing, but it was definitely much easier to read and understand. Also, Karl mentioned that we had different icons for different kind of activity - I don't even remember that, but it's most likely.

For the header of the message - I believe the points were below the person's icon (or we didn't have them at all) and it was ok. Right now the first thing I see when I open a thread is the Points and so I can not concentrate on the message itself.

My blog

Friday, March 9, 2012 6:01 PM
  • Thanks for the feedback on the design. I'll forward this on to our user experience team.

Tim Shakarian, Software Developer

Friday, March 9, 2012 6:15 PM
  • For the header of the message - I believe the points were below the person's icon (or we didn't have them at all) and it was ok. Right now the first thing I see when I open a thread is the Points and so I can not concentrate on the message itself.

It's not so distacting if the person doesn't have 121,703 points or more ;)

My Blog: http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ("6B61726C6D69747363686B65406D742E6E6574"-split"(?<=\G.{2})",19|%{[char][int]"0x$_"})

Friday, March 9, 2012 6:31 PM