number of computers in a circle of care RRS feed

• Question

• I was wondering how many computers can be managed in one "circle of care".  I have 30 desktop machines and if I buy 10 licenses I should be able to protect all 30...however will I need 10 @live.com accounts? or can they all be installed from one account.  Also, can they all be included in one circle of care so I can manage them all from my desktop?

Thanks
    Tuesday, April 1, 2008 9:36 PM

Answers

• At this time, you would need 10 LiveIDs and each subscription would handle 3 computers. A hub is a member of the Circle, so that means 10 hubs. One hub cannot manage multiple subscriptions.

The limitation is a license is for up to 3 computers = a subscription and one LiveID can have only single subscription active for it.

This may change in the future, but nothing has been announced. You may be interested in a product due later this year which, from the press release, sounds like it might fit the bill for a small business environment. It is the next version of Small Business Server that will include a version of OneCare that can manage the client PCs in the environment. More than that, I don't know at this point.

-steve

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 1:29 AM