Enterprise Voice with PBX integration RRS feed

• Question

• I am reading this TechNet article which states that Exchange UM cannot be used in an Enterprise Voice with PBX Integration scenario. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc194410.aspx

The article then goes on to suggest some vague way in which it could be accomplished using a dedicated gateway. It also hints at limited functionality but offers no further details.

I am setting up CUCM 6.1.2 in the Enterprise Voice with PBX Integration scenario and would like to use Exchange UM with it. Does anyone have any more details on what is required to make this happen and what the limited functionality will be?

My own testing has found that when a user dials the Exchange subscriber access number from their Communicator client everything works fine. However when they dial from their associated Cisco handset Exchange does not recognise the number and gives the generic 'To access your mailbox, enter your extension'. I think if I could fix this one issue I would be good to go.

Monday, September 15, 2008 8:57 PM

All replies

• Simon,

Have you found out any more information on this? 

I am sure you are referring to this section from the link you provided...

Code Snippet
    This configuration requires that voicemail be handled by the PBX's voicemail system. Exchange Server 2007 Unified Messaging can be used as a voicemail solution if a dedicated SIP/PSTN Gateway for Exchange Server 2007 Unified Messaging is in place and connected to the PBX. OCS cannot route calls to Exchange Server 2007 Unified Messaging in the Enterprise Voice with PBX integration scenario

I can't speak to the Enterprise Voice with PBX Integration, but with Exchange 2007 SP1, you no longer need a gateway for connectivity between the IP-PBX and Exchange UM server.  You simply need to configure a direct SIP connection between the two.  If you need links, let me know.

Can anyone else speak to UM with Enterprise Voice with PBX Integration enabled?

Even though there is not a solution posted, I think you should check out this active post:

http://forums.microsoft.com/unifiedcommunications/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3892557&SiteID=57

Keenan

Tuesday, October 7, 2008 6:24 PM
  • Hi Simon - when you say "Communicator client" do you mean the Cisco IP Communicator client? 

Thursday, November 13, 2008 12:53 AM
  • No I meant the Microsoft Communicator one. I never did get this working and am now of the opinion that it probably can't be done, which is a shame as you miss out on a few integration features.

Thursday, November 13, 2008 4:21 PM
  •  

Most likely they are speaking to the RCC configuration versus just Enterprise Voice.  Using OCS with Enterprise Voice can be used with Exchange 2007 UM, just not for faxing capabilities (with R1 of at least).  You just need to setup a SIP URI dial plan in UM then run through the rest of the process listed here http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb676409.aspx
    Wednesday, November 26, 2008 6:29 PM