Copy client database to another machine RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody,

I've setup a SyncFramework Toolkit client for SQLite (with the help of JuneT's blog) which I'm using in a Xamarin application on Android.

So far I'm been able to push 300.000 records to a Galaxy S4, creating a 80 MB database in about 35 minutes.
    Actual traffic outgoing from the server was about 380 MB using Json, and more using OData.
    While performing the inital sync, memory usage on device exceed 400 MB, and CPU usage was always above 40%

I wuold like to make this process faster and lighter on resources, and I was thinking about copying an existing database to another device, but I suspect this could break the syncronization.

I fear this scenario:

1. I sync client database A from scratch and then copy it to another device as client database B
    2. I add 10 records to the master database and sync with A. All 10 records get synced
    3. I add 15 records to the master database and sync with B. Only the last 15 records get synced because sync framework "knowledge" is the same for both A and B (aka the server cannot differentiate beetwen them)

Is this scenario correct?

If so, is it possibile to avoid it?

Regards,
      Corrado

Monday, May 5, 2014 10:00 PM

All replies

• the sync knowledge is stored as blob on the client database. if you copy it, you carry the same sync knowledge blob, so you will end up with clients having the same replica id.
    Thursday, May 8, 2014 2:22 PM