none
setting up a new project RRS feed

• Question

• I apologize if this isn't the correct spot for this question. I received a wep app from an outside vendor that I am now supposed to maintain, but I'm not quite sure how to set it up in Visual Studio. The index, images, css are all located at C:\inetpub\wwwroot\notary but then the rest of the files and folders that are needed are located at C:\inetpub. I set my new project from existing code up to look here C:\inetpub\wwwroot\notary but not sure after that.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Trevor Eisenbarth

• Moved by CoolDadTx Monday, July 31, 2017 5:38 PM ASP.NET related
    Monday, July 31, 2017 3:34 PM

All replies

• Web applications are discussed in the ASP.net forum.

http://forums.asp.net/

Monday, July 31, 2017 5:05 PM
  • Trevor, 

It depends what kind of wep app. For Visual Studio are in fact only two possibility and that are .Net ASP and .Net Core Asp. 

However, based on your description I doubt if that is the case. It looks to me more plain HTML in the way you describe it.

A pity is that in this forum they tell if the read "Web" direct to go to the ASP.Net forums but I doubt if that helps you..

Success
    Cor

Monday, July 31, 2017 5:07 PM
  • Trevor, 

It depends what kind of wep app. For Visual Studio are in fact only two possibility and that are .Net ASP and .Net Core Asp. 

However, based on your description I doubt if that is the case. It looks to me more plain HTML in the way you describe it.

A pity is that in this forum they tell if the read "Web" direct to go to the ASP.Net forums but I doubt if that helps you..

Success
    Cor

What help did you give the person, because I don't see it?  This is the C# forum and NOT the CSS, images or inetpub forum with inetpub being IIS by the way. One goes directly to the horse and not the donkey's discussion you offered up.
    Monday, July 31, 2017 5:24 PM
  • This is a PHP application that I am using PHP tools with Visual Studio. I am trying to set this up as a new project using existing code option.

Trevor Eisenbarth

Monday, July 31, 2017 7:06 PM
  • This is a PHP application that I am using PHP tools with Visual Studio. I am trying to set this up as a new project using existing code option.

Trevor Eisenbarth

https://forums.asp.net/29.aspx/1?Migrate+from+Other+Web+Technologies+to+ASP+NET

I would say that someone in the forum can help you as PHP is discussed in the forum. You are not going to get the help here in the C# forum.

Monday, July 31, 2017 7:40 PM
  • I guess I am confused because this isn't a specific programming language question. It is a what is the correct way to set up the folders in a visual studio project question, but I can move on if you keep telling me I'm not going to get help here.

Trevor Eisenbarth

Monday, July 31, 2017 8:30 PM
  • I guess I am confused because this isn't a specific programming language question. It is a what is the correct way to set up the folders in a visual studio project question, but I can move on if you keep telling me I'm not going to get help here.

Trevor Eisenbarth

It has nothing to do with ASP.NET. It's about finding someone that can assist you, like those that have worked with PHP and VS  most likely.

And your post was move to the 'Off Topic' section away from the C# forum, since your post had nothing to do with C#.

Tuesday, August 1, 2017 1:16 PM