End of Live OneCare. RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

Despite all the knocks that Microsoft gets I have always used and liked their products. I dont use any pirate copies of anything, I learnt many years ago that pirate software just wasn't worth the hassle. At the ripe age now of 59, I can remember using Dos and then the beauty of Windows 3.1, I still remain loyal to Microsoft.

Having just purchased Live OneCare purely for two reasons, and there may be a lot of members thinking "what a dork", I now read, to my horror, that it is to be discontinued.

I had struggled to get a basic 3/4 computers home network set up. And actually getting one to print via my computer was, to say the least, frustrating.  Then I read about Live OneCare. Purchased and installed it and after 30mins I had a home network with printer sharing that I was proud of. My grandchildren print away and both they and I are "as happy as larry".

Now it seems I shall loose all this, print sharing is to disappear in the replacement product. And the grandchildren will go back to saving it to a memory stick and running in to plug it into my computer to print something.

Call me an old fool if you like, but, doesn't life just seem to get harder sometimes

Thursday, November 20, 2008 11:48 AM

All replies

• I'm of mixed emotions about the end of OneCare and the announcement of the new offering. However, you won't have to worry about this in your situation for almost 2 years if you choose to renew while OneCare is available for sale and renewal. At that time, if you need to configure File and Printer sharing manually, it can be done and there are many resources on the Internet explaining the steps, including Microsoft's own Help center for each OS.

-steve

Thursday, November 20, 2008 8:18 PM