money plus delux & w 8 RRS feed

• Question

• My 2008 money plus deluxe was barfed and I tried to reload and got a 1017 so I went to deluxe sunset and it looked like it loaded but when I start it windows says it stopped working and will look in to it. No answer 
    Sunday, July 7, 2013 11:43 PM

All replies

• There are reports of Money giving users indigestion, but this is the first report of the program itself having gastrointestinal problems!

Nevertheless, for a fellow user to help you it could you be more specific about your situation:

- Did you by any chance "upgrade" to Windows 8.1?  If so, see the other posts on Money with 8.1.

- What exactly was the initial error message?  Was it from Money or from Windows?  

- You say that you "reloaded".  Do you mean that you reinstalled?  From a disk?  

- Was the 1017 from Windows installer or when you started Money?

- What is the exact error message you get now when you start the downloaded Money Deluxe Sunset?

Bill Becker

Monday, July 8, 2013 2:51 PM
  • When I reinstalled Money from the original disk it asks me to activate I put in the Key. Even though I am on line it says to connect to the net. That's when I get the 1017. Then I am told to download the sunset . That seams to go well till I try to use Money. It starts goes to the first screen and then Windows 8.0 says that it has stopped no error just stopped and they will check the problem.

I am now using Money till my 60 days are up then im up a tree. Any Ideas???

I
    • Edited by dollie12 Monday, July 8, 2013 11:50 PM left out something
    Monday, July 8, 2013 11:41 PM
  • 1.  The version on Money on your disk requires activation, but the activation servers are gone.  That is why you received that error code.  As you correctly stated, you can use that version for 60 days without activation.

2. You say that you downloaded Sunset and "that seems to go well".  Do you mean that the downloaded version of Money installed with no errors and you now have both versions of Money on your system?  If that is the case, I suggest that you uninstall both versions and then install just the downloaded version.

You still haven't stated your current error message.  Is it perhaps "Money has stopped working"?

Bill Becker

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 3:37 AM