issue updating appointment i am reopening RRS feed

• Question

• Hi:

Using a workflow

I have an appointment that I am trying to update when the save as completed.  I can retrieve the appt no problem I can reopen it no problem

When I go to update the appt i keep getting "3 is not a valid status code for state code appintmentstate.open on appointment"  Code worked fine in crm 3

When I open the appt state code is set to 1.  Im not setting it to 3.  However I do notice that the appointment when i create it comes up as scheduled.  Also, when I reopen the appointment as open is still comes up as scheduled versus open.

When I update Im getting the 3 error.  How do I reopen an appt in crm 4?

Dim OpenAppt As SetStateAppointmentRequest = New SetStateAppointmentRequest

New Guid(Me.activityid.Value.ToString)

Dim OpenApptResponse As SetStateAppointmentResponse = CType(crmService.Execute(OpenAppt), SetStateAppointmentResponse)

OpenAppt.AppointmentState = AppointmentState.Open
    OpenAppt.AppointmentStatus = 1

OpenAppt.EntityId = New Guid(Me.activityid.Value.ToString)

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 12:33 PM

Answers

• Ok so you want to update the appoinment after it is opened..right?

i think retrive the appoinment one more time after you have re-open sucessfully as follows

//code to Open Appoinment
                       -----
               // retrive the updated appoinment again so that you get latest object from CRM

// then use the retrived object (appointment)  to update the values

Also just update the   State (AppointmentState = AppointmentState.Open) and leave status as -1 (OpenAppt.AppointmentStatus = -1)

see it this works..if not please post the full code and will try to provide solution for the same...
    • Marked as answer by T Bonz Tuesday, August 11, 2009 1:57 PM
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 1:44 PM

All replies

• set it to -1 and CRM will set it to right status...following is the example code (i have test and works at my end) but it is in C#

SetStateAppointmentRequest OpenAppt = new SetStateAppointmentRequest();
                //change the ID here     
                OpenAppt.EntityId = new Guid("D21B86EA-2D4A-DE11-87C4-00237DA4791C");
                OpenAppt.AppointmentState = AppointmentState.Open;
                OpenAppt.AppointmentStatus = -1;

SetStateAppointmentResponse OpenApptResponse = (SetStateAppointmentResponse)incService.Execute(OpenAppt);

hope this helps!!

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 1:11 PM
  • the appt was reopened fine -- but when i go to update the dynamic entity it just errors out with the "3 is not a valid status code for state code appintmentstate.open on appointment"

i've eventried setting it scheduled and get the same thing when i go to update it

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 1:38 PM
  • Ok so you want to update the appoinment after it is opened..right?

i think retrive the appoinment one more time after you have re-open sucessfully as follows

//code to Open Appoinment
                       -----
               // retrive the updated appoinment again so that you get latest object from CRM

// then use the retrived object (appointment)  to update the values

Also just update the   State (AppointmentState = AppointmentState.Open) and leave status as -1 (OpenAppt.AppointmentStatus = -1)

see it this works..if not please post the full code and will try to provide solution for the same...
    • Marked as answer by T Bonz Tuesday, August 11, 2009 1:57 PM
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 1:44 PM
  • that got it to update -- thanks alot for your help

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 1:57 PM