none
MSDN user not the same as asp.net user (same email) RRS feed

• Question

• Hiya

So I've been hanging out in the MSDN forums lately, answering some questions, increasing recognition points.

Then I decide to set up an account at forums.asp.net.

I try to register there with the same email address as I used on MSDN forums.

It says it found another username for that email address, or log in as someone else.

I obviously want to link this MSDN user to that, so I accept whatever they want to call me as, an old Name I used 3 years ago.

Now it doesn't show any of my MSDN regognition points on forums.asp.net, but it DID copy over my bio.

I'm sorry if this is s nooby question, I searched and saearched the forum for anyone else in the same boat...

What's a guy to do?

Regards,
    Pedro

Thursday, February 9, 2012 1:12 AM

Answers

• HI Xaml !

Currently Microsoft mentain these 2 profile systems seprately, i mean (MSDN / Tech with Asp.Net). You recognition points on MSDN / TechNet / Answers Forums will appear in any of these forums but they won't be available in Asp.Net or SilverLight Forums.

There is a seprate points recognition system for Asp.Net & SilverLight Forums. In future there might be a possibility that Micosoft can merge all these points and bring them throughtout your Profile linking with email address but right now its lot to ask from them.

Please let me know if this doesn’t work for you. Hope I have answered you correctly.

Thanks, Hasham

Thursday, February 9, 2012 6:10 AM

All replies

• HI Xaml !

Currently Microsoft mentain these 2 profile systems seprately, i mean (MSDN / Tech with Asp.Net). You recognition points on MSDN / TechNet / Answers Forums will appear in any of these forums but they won't be available in Asp.Net or SilverLight Forums.

There is a seprate points recognition system for Asp.Net & SilverLight Forums. In future there might be a possibility that Micosoft can merge all these points and bring them throughtout your Profile linking with email address but right now its lot to ask from them.

Please let me know if this doesn’t work for you. Hope I have answered you correctly.

Thanks, Hasham

Thursday, February 9, 2012 6:10 AM
  • We are currently working with the Silverlight.net team to merge their system into the bigger MSDN system. Discussions with the ASP.Net web team are also underway.
    Thursday, February 9, 2012 4:37 PM
  • OK, thanks for explaining.

Regards,
    Pedro

If you find my post helpful, please remember to "Mark As Answer" and/or "Vote as Helpful"

Thursday, February 9, 2012 6:35 PM