none
Highly inaccurate activity metrics.

Question

• My forum activity metrics are often messed up, for example it currently says I answered a question on some topic "about 3 hours ago" yet my last update/edit to that particular thread was on the 29th September.

See:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/fc9bf128-2f90-4316-8ccf-9bbee37982fb/c-asynchronous-socket-server-with-multicore-cpu?forum=csharpgeneral#2f8f20b0-0a84-4dad-93e9-4b502c74ebf7

Once again this forum system exhibits all the hallmarks of still being in the beta phase, yet were expected to help Microsoft increase the popularity of its stores platforms using it as a key resource.

May I respectfully ask - who (their role/title, not their name) has responsibility and authority over the MSDN forum system?

If resources (people) are being expended on forum development then surely that cost is coming out of some person's or some department's budget so who's?

It would be a great help to developers (and by implication Microsoft) if we could contact that person/department to raise concerns, because posting suggestions and complaints in this thread seems to be a total waste of time.

Cap'n

Monday, October 7, 2013 4:42 AM

Answers

• Yes, your last activity in that thread was in September, but your reply was marked an answer recently (about 19 or 20 hours ago at present). That is what shows up in your activity profile, the fact that the reply was marked an answer. Does that make sense?

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Monday, October 7, 2013 9:36 PM

All replies

• Yes, your last activity in that thread was in September, but your reply was marked an answer recently (about 19 or 20 hours ago at present). That is what shows up in your activity profile, the fact that the reply was marked an answer. Does that make sense?

Monday, October 7, 2013 9:36 PM

Ah, I see! thanks for explaining this.
    Tuesday, October 8, 2013 5:13 AM