locked
Cannot install CRM 2011 Rollup 15 Server. Setup is looking for GA release package files??? RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    I am trying to apply rollup 15 to a CRM 2011 server which is currently at rollup 14.

    The installation app "CRM2011-Server-KB2843571-ENU-amd64.exe" fails complaining about "Could not find a part of the path 'C:\CRM 2011\Installation Media - GA\CRM2011-Server-ENU-amd64\Actions_Org\Install\DBUpdate_release.xml'"

    Why is the installer looking in the folder containing the CRM 2011 GA release installation media?

    I checked and there is no "Actions_Org" subfolder.

    So, as of right now, we can't upgrade our CRM 2011 rollup 14 org to CRM 2013, can't import our CRM 2011 unmanaged solution into CRM 2013 and now can't upgrade our CRM 2011 rollup 14 based CRM server to rollup 15 (as suggested by someone as a possible solution to the first two issues??

    Has anyone else run into these issues?


    Andy

    Thursday, October 17, 2013 5:39 PM

All replies

  • +1

    I am also running into this error when updating from rollup 14 to rollup 15.

    I started with CRM2011 5.00.9690.1992 a while back.  I believe that was update 6.

    Anyone have a suggested work around?


    Regards, Howard Hoffman

    Monday, October 21, 2013 9:31 PM
  • There is a file DBUpdate_release.xml in your CRM 2011 set-up folder under (PFiles\MSCRM\Setup\Serviceability\Slipstream\Actions_Org\Install). Copy this file across to the folder where CRM2011-Server-KB2843571-ENU-amd64.exe is looking for it. Create missing folders (Actions_Org\Install\) by yourself and then give it a try. 

    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful" Thanks, Imran Abbasi

    • Proposed as answer by wikky2007 Saturday, January 24, 2015 1:08 AM
    Monday, October 21, 2013 11:06 PM
  • Well, I got UR 15 to install in yet another way.

    After the failed UR15 install, a check to Windows Update for Updates came back asking me to apply UR 14 - even though it was already there.  CRM Deployment Manager did show the UR 14 versions, and I could use existing Organizations on this CRM Server just fine.   But I did let the UR 14 Update run, to completion, last night.  I rebooted and then today tried applying the UR 15 I downloaded yesterday.  That now works - I am now on 5.0.9690.3731 (which us UR 15 according to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2843571)

    I have *not* tried to copy the Slipstream\Actions_Org\Install folder anywhere or follow the above recommendation so unfortunately cannot say whether that would have worked.  It was going to be my plan-B if the reboot/retry did not work.

    Howard


    Regards, Howard Hoffman

    • Proposed as answer by HowardH Tuesday, October 22, 2013 2:53 PM
    Tuesday, October 22, 2013 2:53 PM
  • I have the same issue. Although I have original media dbupdate_release.xml is missing.

    Thomas

    Wednesday, November 13, 2013 9:59 AM
  • I am attempting to upgrade from UR 13, and getting the exact same error. I have the original media that I used to install on the server as well. But this file only exists in 2 other places on the server D:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Setup\Serviceability\Slipstream\DBUpdate_release.xml, and D:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Setup\Serviceability\Slipstream\Actions_Org\Install\DBUpdate_release.xml.

    Any help would be great. Thanks!

    Monday, December 23, 2013 12:51 PM
  • Hi

    I went from rollup 14 to 16 today, but not without problems...!

    First the update needed server.msi from the original media..! Later on, in the installation it was missing DBUpdate_release.xml and the installation failed. However, Windows updated told me that the installation was successful..! What, the installation failed, but the installation was successful!

    I decided to reboot the server to see what would happen. When the starter went up again, there was a new update ready and guess what. It was the rollup 16 that just was installed successful.! I decided to try one more time and this time no question asked and everything went well J

    I hope the above info maybe can help you with a solution to your update issue.


    Thomas | MCP | http://www.techwork.dk


    Wednesday, January 29, 2014 7:49 PM
  • FYI, I had a similar problem when upgrading from UR11 to UR13 - the server was updated to 13 but the database update failed. I could not do the reboot + run Windows Update because that wanted to put me on UR16. So I did copy the whole Install folder from Slipstream to Latest and then ran the Update on the Org in question from the CRM Deployment Manager. This succeeded this time and the database was upgraded to UR13.

    I haven't done a comprehensive test yet, but so far it appears to be working fine :-)


    Friday, May 9, 2014 12:48 PM