Service Calendar Type & View RRS feed

• Question

•  

How does one set the default Type and View settings on the service calendar.

What I need to do is filter down the list of users to their business group so everyone doesn't have to scroll through the whole organization.

Friday, December 12, 2008 5:09 PM

Answers

All replies

• I don't believe the Service Calendar view as you see it in CRM is an easily modified view.  I would create a custom report with the view that the users want to see and put the report into production.

Another option is to create an Advanced Find view on Service Activities and share that out with the users.  However, it will not give them the calendar type look that the Service Calendar report provides.  The report will provide greater flexibility for formatting the display to the user.

Friday, December 12, 2008 6:30 PM
  • You can do this by using the techniques described here (http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/2007/12/providing-different-default-views-for.html). For the service calendar you have to change the Type and View picklists, rather than just the one in the example, but the principle's the same.

I think the type picklist is named crmTypeSelector, and the view picklist is the same as the given example

Friday, December 12, 2008 7:09 PM
  • The advantage of this is that you inherit all the service calendar functionality without rewriting a whole page.

I am hoping for a supported solution and, once again, someone from Microsoft to tell me why they didn't handle this.

Friday, December 12, 2008 8:39 PM