Exclude Folder of Files not showing all folders RRS feed

• General discussion

• 1. Yes I am currently backup up all file types.  I want to modify the backup configuration to exclude a specific folder, which is right off c:\.

2. I want to exclude a directory on my c: drive which is actually a copy of my one care care backup.  If I backed this up , it would be like a snake eating its tail!

3. I have gigantic C: drive, bigger than I need, that I got cheap when my old drive went caput.  The external backup drive is next to go.  So I copied all of the one care backup to a folder on my new mostly empty C: drive.

4. I go in to exclude this folder - Does not show up.  No I have never backed up this folder (see 2 above).  Is 1 Care going to be able to do this, and if so, how?
    Tuesday, January 20, 2009 2:51 AM

All replies

• Nevermind, solved it myself.  Deleted the backup from that directory.  Then I added a single file named "what doo doo.txt" in that directory.  Executed a one care backup.  Then I can exclude that directory and copy all hundreds of megabytes back into it.
    Tuesday, January 20, 2009 3:06 AM
  • I like the snake eating its tail reference. :-)
    I trust that you realize that backing up the drive to itself is pretty useless except for recovery from accidental deletions or specific file corruption. If the drive fails, you will not have a backup.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    Tuesday, January 20, 2009 2:46 PM