Site hasn't been indexed in 2+ years RRS feed

• Question

• I have a big site -- www.marketingsource.com.  It is search engine friendly, follows the rules, sitemap is there, webmaster tools says it is not blocked and has the sitemap loaded, MSNBot visits a few pages on my site and robots.txt daily -- yet I have not been in the index for years.  Google has my site as a PR6 so not like it is a little known site.  Numerous emails to Live webmaster support and no fewer than 10 'escalations', with the end result always being "go to the forum for help" .. so here I am. 

Suggestions? 

Should be #1 here:
    http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=marketingsource.com

Website status

Website address: www.marketingsource.com Indexed pages: 1
    Last crawled: 0/0/0000 Blocked: No
    Domain rank: N/A

Same thing for the site without the www. 

MSN bot hits me daily:
    www.marketingsource.com 65.55.210.59 - - [15/Apr/2008:08:41:56 -0700] "GET /robots.txt HTTP/1.1" 301 249 "-" "msnbot/1.1 (+http://search.msn.com/msnbot.htm)"

Nice fresh load of the sitemap:
    www.marketingsource.com 65.55.208.124 - - [14/Apr/2008:02:33:28 -0700] "GET /sitemap.xml HTTP/1.1" 200 578433 "-" "msnbot/1.1 (+http://search.msn.com/msnbot.htm)"

Occasional hits to big pages on my site:
    www.marketingsource.com 65.55.104.158 - - [13/Apr/2008:20:00:22 -0700] "GET /articles/ HTTP/1.1" 200 4546 "-" "msnbot/1.1 (+http://search.msn.com/msnbot.htm)"

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 6:40 PM

Answers

• I am using a backend tool that is showing that your site is blocked. Please be aware that our webmaster tools is still in beta and can be subject to errors. in anycase, you are blocked. If you could please fill out the form, get a support ticket number and post it for me, I will track it as best I can.

Brett

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 10:47 PM

All replies

• If your site has not been indexed in 2+ years, it is high time either you learn seo or talk to an expert. You are defininately doing something wrong.

Friday, April 25, 2008 10:57 PM
  • For me you are banned!
    With the quantity of links you have, the bot would be there more often.

You have sufficient links to give good rankings, never mind the listing issue.

This could have happened 2 years ago and you now have removed the reason for the ban.

Using copyscape I can see many versions of your homepage sales message.

So they may have copied you and you have a duplcate issue.
    Or you have copied them.

I have never seen a site banned just for this, so there may have been more things at the time.

I was banned once and they would not confirm it via email.
    Visit our webmaster advice was always the reply.
    Only by getting in touch with someone more senior (not there now), did i get my site back.

Insist you are banned and ask to reinstated. Chances are they will say it is automated system and they cant do that, but i know they can, because it was done for me.

Friday, April 25, 2008 11:48 PM
  • Hi,

Your site is showing as blocked.  Be sure to review our Guidelines for successful indexing to ensure that you are not doing anything that would get your site blocked in the future.

In the webmaster tools there is a link to submit your site for reinclusion if it is blocked or if you suspect that your website was incorrectly identified as spam, please do the following:

1. Open the Live Search Site Owner support form.
    2. In the boxes provided, type your name and e-mail address.
    3. In the What type of problem do you have? list, select Other.
    4. In the box provided, describe the issue, including the following information:
      • The search words that you use
      • The URL
      • Request re-inclusion

Thanks,

Brett

Monday, May 5, 2008 9:10 PM
  • Thank you for the reply, Brett

Where can I see that my site is blocked?  Webmaster tools says it is not and to back that up several requests using the support form to Live Search Site Owner support and eventually to Microsoft Global Escalations have all resulted in "You are not blocked in any way and never have been, but we will re-include you in the index and research this more" ... and an answer never comes even with weekly follow-up emails.  Can you tell me or the folks over in support where you found that and why it is blocked since they never see it as blocked. 

Lowell

Monday, May 5, 2008 9:34 PM
  • I am using a backend tool that is showing that your site is blocked. Please be aware that our webmaster tools is still in beta and can be subject to errors. in anycase, you are blocked. If you could please fill out the form, get a support ticket number and post it for me, I will track it as best I can.

Brett

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 10:47 PM