WWT: you need 3d graphics and directx installed to run this application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I keep trying to run WWT, and it gives me this message "you need 3d graphics and directx installed to run this application". I have for sure DirectX 11 and I saw on forum that i shouldn´t worry about 3D Graphics. 

I use Windows7 Professional 64bits.

thanks. 

Sunday, October 27, 2013 7:28 PM

Answers

• The issue can happen if your graphics system does not support any-multisampling anti-aliasing modes. This often happens on "pretend" graphics cards like Intel's integrated graphics.

< The work-around that was in this message is build into WWT 5.0. Update to WWT 5.0 for the solution >

Jonathan Fay

Friday, November 29, 2013 1:37 AM
  • In the new release of WWT 5.0 if the creation of the DX device fails with Anti-Aliasing on, it will try to recreate the device with anti-aliasing off.

The graphics systems that are impacted by this changes universally don't meet the minimum requirements, much less the recommended performance level, so while it may run now, the experience may not be optimal.

I have removed my message with the work-around for Eclipse, as WWT 5.0 has the solution within it.

Jonathan

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 6:19 PM

All replies

• I run WWT on Win7 64 bit as well (at home) so we should be able to get this working for you.

Can you run Direct X Diagnostic Tool and see what results you get?

To use the DirectX Diagnostic Tool to determine the version of DirectX that is installed on your computer, follow these steps:
    1. Click Start, and then click Run.
    2. Type dxdiag, and then click OK.
    3. On the System tab, note the version of DirectX that is displayed on the DirectX Version line.
    4. On the various tabs, check the version information for each DirectX file.
    5. When you are finished checking file versions, click Exit.

Maybe take some screenshots and insert them to your response.  Thanks! 

Sunday, October 27, 2013 7:48 PM
  • What Video System do you have? Is it integrated graphics? or Discrete GPU?

Jonathan

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 3:50 AM
  • The issue can happen if your graphics system does not support any-multisampling anti-aliasing modes. This often happens on "pretend" graphics cards like Intel's integrated graphics.

< The work-around that was in this message is build into WWT 5.0. Update to WWT 5.0 for the solution >

Jonathan Fay

Friday, November 29, 2013 1:37 AM
  • In the new release of WWT 5.0 if the creation of the DX device fails with Anti-Aliasing on, it will try to recreate the device with anti-aliasing off.

The graphics systems that are impacted by this changes universally don't meet the minimum requirements, much less the recommended performance level, so while it may run now, the experience may not be optimal.

I have removed my message with the work-around for Eclipse, as WWT 5.0 has the solution within it.

Jonathan

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 6:19 PM
  • I am having Intel g33,directx installed(the one which was with the setup of wwt) and WWT 5.0 but i still get this error when starting the app.It shows you need 3d graphics and directX installed to run this application.What can I do?
    Monday, October 6, 2014 4:12 PM
  • Hello,

I've a notebook with an Mobile Intel 945 express chipset (GMA 950) and was using WWT (3.51) on win XP with no problem. After upgrading to Windows 7 to use the new WWT 5.x it stopped working with the message "you need 3d graphics and directx installed to run this application".

I've checked the DirectX installation and dxdiag reports that everything is ok. Tried to install new and old versions of the video driver, but got the same message in all attempts. Tried the two available versions for the 5.x, but, again, same message.

Also tried to uninstall the new version 5 and reinstall the old legacy version 3.51, but got the same message. Curiosly the version 3.51 intalled DirectX 9.0 and Win 7 came with version 11 - can this cause a conflict?

My main question is - can I run WWT (any version) in this notebook? How? 

Thanks!!

Monday, February 9, 2015 8:30 PM
  • download a very OLD VERSION WWT from any external DOWNLOAD dot COM

has one and work fine for me (they had a 3.0)

Enjoyed

Thursday, March 5, 2015 3:08 PM