Registering Microsoft Money RRS feed

• Question

• My laptop crashed and we have now install Money Plus Win32 to our home computer.  I need to register it, but it is saying "Money activation was unsuccessful. Please confirm your product key and check that your computer is connected to the Internet. (Error 1017)"

I am connected to the internet and it is working (or I would not be able to type this right now) and I am typing the product key in correctly. 

What can I do?  It will not allow me to enter any transactions right now and I desparately need to balance my checkbook.

Saturday, November 5, 2011 9:20 PM

All replies

• On Sat, 5 Nov 2011 21:20:29 +0000, Craig Loree wrote:

>
    >
    >My laptop crashed and we have now install Money Plus Win32 to our home computer.  I need to register it, but it is saying "Money activation was unsuccessful. Please confirm your product key and check that your computer is connected to the Internet. (Error 1017)"
    >
    >I am connected to the internet and it is working (or I would not be able to type this right now) and I am typing the product key in correctly. 
    >
    >What can I do?  It will not allow me to enter any transactions right now and I desparately need to balance my checkbook.

Microsoft no longer supports Money.

If you are in the US, download and use the "Sunset Version".  See http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=20738

If not, post back with your details, as some of the non-US versions also have solutions.

If you download data from your financial institution, also see:

Ron
    Saturday, November 5, 2011 11:21 PM