Back up Files RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, onecare keeps telling me i need to back up my files...and that i would need aproximately 7or so dvds or 11cds...I have never backed up my files before..newbie???? should i really use onecare to do this..or or or is there other programs and what will happen excately... at this moment onecare says my system is on running Fair????

Monday, September 15, 2008 3:52 AM

Answers

• Using OneCare to perform a backup is entirely optional. You can use a different program if you want or not backup at all. If you use OneCare, follow the backup configuration wizard and select the where (the default is CD or DVD if you do not have an external hard drive attached and available), the when (typically you are reminded when a tune-up runs), and the what. The latter is the one that defines what you are interested in backing up for safe keeping. If nothing on your PC is worth saving, then turn off backup. If you have pictures or documents that you'd like to keep, then backing up is a good idea since hard drives do fail.

-steve

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 5:21 PM

All replies

• catzpaw,

Thank you for contacting the OneCare program forums.

Please contact OneCare support for detailed instructions on backing up using OneCare to cd's.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Lori MS

Thursday, September 18, 2008 8:19 PM
  • Using OneCare to perform a backup is entirely optional. You can use a different program if you want or not backup at all. If you use OneCare, follow the backup configuration wizard and select the where (the default is CD or DVD if you do not have an external hard drive attached and available), the when (typically you are reminded when a tune-up runs), and the what. The latter is the one that defines what you are interested in backing up for safe keeping. If nothing on your PC is worth saving, then turn off backup. If you have pictures or documents that you'd like to keep, then backing up is a good idea since hard drives do fail.

-steve

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 5:21 PM