Meta Tag Verification RRS feed

• Question

• HELP How do i find my Meta Tag Verification for my site
    Saturday, January 17, 2009 12:01 AM

Answers

• I had a look at your home page and you seem to have used the same verification number for Google, Yahoo, and MS Live.  The Live verification number looks wrong.

Log on to Webmaster tools.  If you have already added your website to the tools, it will appear with the authentication code listed.  Copy the authentication code, and paste it into the MS verify metatag:

<meta name="msvalidate.01" content="-- verification number goes between these quotes --" />

Then replace the one that is currently in your index page with this one.

If this doesn't work, your best bet would be to delete it from webmaster tools, then add it again.

If you haven't already added your website, then add it, select HTML verification and copy the code that is generated.  Replace the verify meta tag currently in your index index page with this one.

... Duane

Saturday, January 17, 2009 2:30 AM
  • Thanks for answering this Duane!

mailboxtime--If you are still having issues, please let me know.

Brett

Thursday, January 22, 2009 4:44 PM

All replies

• I had a look at your home page and you seem to have used the same verification number for Google, Yahoo, and MS Live.  The Live verification number looks wrong.

Log on to Webmaster tools.  If you have already added your website to the tools, it will appear with the authentication code listed.  Copy the authentication code, and paste it into the MS verify metatag:

<meta name="msvalidate.01" content="-- verification number goes between these quotes --" />

Then replace the one that is currently in your index page with this one.

If this doesn't work, your best bet would be to delete it from webmaster tools, then add it again.

If you haven't already added your website, then add it, select HTML verification and copy the code that is generated.  Replace the verify meta tag currently in your index index page with this one.

... Duane

Saturday, January 17, 2009 2:30 AM
  • Thanks for answering this Duane!

mailboxtime--If you are still having issues, please let me know.

Brett

Thursday, January 22, 2009 4:44 PM