Characters @ and " are reversed on my keyboard RRS feed

• Question

• I got a new computer with Windows 7 recently and everything seems fine EXCEPT that the @ sign and the " sign are on opposite keys.  Anyone have any idea why -- or what to do to fix it?  I've tried checking the keyboard driver but it's the most up to date version, I'm told.  Now what? 
    Sunday, October 31, 2010 5:55 AM

Answers

All replies

• You could always pop the keys out paint them black and write the correct symble in white on the key and swap them out. Or try a different keyboard. :)

Wasnt being a smart allec, fyi :). i would get an old keybord if you have one laying aroung and try that.

• Edited by kbzombie Sunday, October 31, 2010 7:27 AM Clearing things up.
    Sunday, October 31, 2010 6:11 AM
  • I have had my computer for five years (always set to US English). About three weeks ago it started reversing those two keys also! I might have installed something that made it happen. It doesn't happen in all applications, either. In Mozilla Firefox the keys work correctly. In microsoft office 2003 they are reversed. So far MS Office seems to be the only place they are reversed, but I haven't the time right now to try other software.
    Sunday, November 21, 2010 6:34 PM
  • Try asking at www.answers.microsoft.com.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, May 24, 2012 4:09 AM