ICE and Codec download RRS feed

• Question

• I have downloaded the Microsoft Codec file to enable me to read my Sony A200 RAW files directly into ICE. However they do not appear as an option when I import them to do a Pano. Am I missing something?
    Monday, December 12, 2011 12:47 PM

Answers

• You need to send me a link.  While you are viewing the folder on skydrive you should see some text in the right pane that says "Share folder".  Click this.  Then in the right pano of the pop-up window you will see "Get a link" click this and copy & paste the provided link into a reply on this forum.
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 10:23 PM

All replies

• I'm not sure if the Microsoft codec supports the Sony A200.  Can you open these RAW images in the built-in Windows Photo Viewer, or in Windows Live Photo Gallery?  If so then ICE should be able to open them as well, if not then unfortunately the codec doesn't support your camera.

Another thing to try is - in ICE invoke the "File:New Panorama ..." dialog, in the file filter to the right of "File name:" box, select "All Files (*.*)"  this should let you select your RAW files - then ICE will let you know if the codec accepted them or not.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 12:15 AM
  • Thanks Matt, will try these. I'm sure the A200 was listed in the supported cameras though?

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 4:30 PM
  • Matt,

On my Windows 7 machine I have Windows Live Photo Gallery installed (but not, for some reason, Windows Photo Viewer). WLPG does however show the RAW files.

In ICE, as you suggested, selecting "All files" also shows the RAW files, so I guess I do have the codecs ok?

Unfortunately when I try to select these files to let ICE make my pano, I get the message:

"Could not stitch together all of the input images. Please make sure your images are taken from one location and overlap one another"

They do comply with these requiremants. Any ideas? Thanks

John F

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 4:51 PM
  • Could you post two of the images somewhere (for example skydrive) where I can try them out myself?
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 6:26 PM
  • Will try thanks
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 7:40 PM
  • Matt,

I've uploaded 2 images DSC7863 and 7864 to Skydrive, but don't understand what to do next?

John F

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 7:58 PM
  • You need to send me a link.  While you are viewing the folder on skydrive you should see some text in the right pane that says "Share folder".  Click this.  Then in the right pano of the pop-up window you will see "Get a link" click this and copy & paste the provided link into a reply on this forum.
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 10:23 PM
  • Hi Matt,

2 images hopefully attached

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=0f4523a493b78cbd&resid=F4523A493B78CBD!118&parid=F4523A493B78CBD!103&authkey=!AOmaml0gzIkfExU

John F

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 11:11 AM
  • Thanks for sharing these.  I tried them out and they work fine.  I'm using the camera codec pack from here: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=26829

What version of ICE are you using?

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 4:39 PM
  • Hi Matt,

ICE V1.4.4.0

I downloaded the X86.msi file not the AMD64.msi ???

John F

Thursday, December 15, 2011 2:04 PM
  • Are you running 64bit Windows?  I think that you must be.  In that case you need AMD64.msi. 
    Thursday, December 15, 2011 4:24 PM
  • That's what I wondered ! Thanks
    Thursday, December 15, 2011 6:23 PM