none
forum is not updated with new posts, votes, or replies RRS feed

• Question

• look at these posts:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/Windowsapps/en-US/6556b688-3592-4c4b-b62a-a52121130339/windows-10-creators-update-issue-application-becomes-inactive?forum=windowsgeneraldevelopmentissues

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/Windowsapps/en-US/013238b1-13ee-4ce5-9c53-4d324f0e982f/windows-10-creators-update-issue-application-becomes-inactive?forum=winforms

You can't see them if you click on related forum and you can't find them with search either.

Here is report about this problem from some other customer:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/Windowsapps/en-US/18b193e0-8393-4a15-a9e4-1e2122249a9a/why-this-forum-can-not-post-my-new-thread?forum=winforms

When you click on WinForms forum, you don't see any votes or replies in this post, while it has ones.

So probably you have a problem with updating list of threads in all your forums

notacat

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 4:10 PM

Answers

• I don't think they returned to normal yet, but I did report this problem yesterday to fissues and some other people reported them too. The response was that Engineering Team is aware of the problem and working on the resolution (that the response I got yesterday, no updates since then).

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

• Marked as answer by notacat Wednesday, April 26, 2017 11:25 PM
    Wednesday, April 26, 2017 9:16 PM

All replies

• Today, whenever I open the PowerShell forum, I am unable to see  new posts. For last 4 hours, I haven't seen any new posts while there are actually new posts by users.. I do get newer posts in my outlook (configured via RSS) but not in the browser.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=winserverpowershell

I hope I am not the only one seeing this behavior.

cheers..uc

Monday, April 24, 2017 11:15 AM
  • Hi,

here too, all forums pages in browse mode dont show new posts or new stats (amount of votes per thread).

When using the feed mode I can see new posts.

Regards,

Thorsten

Monday, April 24, 2017 11:29 AM
  • Saw this problem in a couple of german server forums since yesterday, e.g. in  https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/de-DE/home?forum=powershell_de

i.e. this new thread: LINK does not show up in the list.

thanks, Denniver

Blog: http://bytecookie.wordpress.com

Kostenloser Powershell Code Manager v5: Link
    (u.a. Codesnippets verwalten + komplexe Scripte graphisch darstellen)

Hilf mit und markiere hilfreiche Beiträge mit dem "Abstimmen"-Button (links) und Beiträge die eine Frage von dir beantwortet haben, als "Antwort" (unten).
    Warum das Ganze? Hier gibts die Antwort.

Monday, April 24, 2017 11:38 AM
  • I noticed responses to posts are not indicated as the most recent reply in the thread view of forums.

Please address this.  Thank you.

Monday, April 24, 2017 12:19 PM
  • In the Visual C++ forum thread view, responses are not showing (0 replies). They do show up if you view the thread in My Threads, or in My Profile, or go to the thread  itself. See for example

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/ec769e7a-a4fa-4092-975d-86c481ba5de6/getdlgitemtext-and-multithreading?forum=vcgeneral

The thread has responses (from myself, even) but if you go to the Visual C++ forum, it says no replies.

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP

Monday, April 24, 2017 2:17 PM
  • Still ongoing issues it seems to me. This post not visible in the web view at moment (found it by the old RSS feed).

Email fissues at Microsoft dot com about the issue.

Monday, April 24, 2017 5:32 PM
  • Not seeing updates much at all on the web view

Forum Thread Views are not updating

Above looks related.

Monday, April 24, 2017 5:33 PM
  • email sent.
    Monday, April 24, 2017 6:25 PM
  • Today as well, no new posts visible. last post being 21 hours old!

cheers..uc

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 7:23 AM
  • I have been observing some abnormalities with this forum for the last two days...Like the most recent post shown after refreshing the page is something which was replied more than 12 hours ago..yesterday it was like that..then I thought may be a less traffic day..but today also the same...so I guess there might be some anomalies...I have some recently updated threads in My Threads folder but they are not displayed in the forum main page...Also observed some other issues like showing reply count as 0 for a thread having one reply etc...so I doubt whether there is any issues like server down etc...Any others having similar problems?

Edit: This thread also not showing on top right after posting :-)

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 10:10 AM
  • Not seeing updates much at all on the web view

Forum Thread Views are not updating

Above looks related.

I have emailed fissues. But shouldn't Microsoft be monitoring this forum and addressing issues that are clearly malfunctions in the forum software? They have paid moderators in every other forum (where they are really not needed, in my opinion).

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 10:32 AM
  • I have not experienced any direct problems. But I was a little surprised when I came home last night and found that there were a lot of unanswered questions. I had to work overtime. :-) Your post explains what might be going on.

The reason I have not seen the problems myself is that I use the NNTP bridge, which seems to be unaffected by this issue.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 10:44 AM
  • Today as well, no new posts visible. last post being 21 hours old!

cheers..uc

Yep, here too.

Regards,

Thorsten

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 2:51 PM
  • I regularly review the following two forums:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/home?forum=sqlintegrationservices

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/home?forum=transactsql

For some reason the newest posts are 2 days for SSIS and 17 hours for t-SQL.  I was able to view a newer post by clicking on the name of the poster then clicking their activity, but the list is way out of date.

Russel Loski, MCSE Data Platform/Business Intelligence Twitter: @sqlmovers; blog: www.sqlmovers.com

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 2:55 PM
  • Ok.. Erland, thanks for the reply...here the problem still exists...how can I proceed next to get the issue solved?
    Wednesday, April 26, 2017 8:44 AM
  • Ok.. Erland, thanks for the reply...here the problem still exists...how can I proceed next to get the issue solved?

I've been in touch with the forums support, and they are aware of the issue and are working on it.

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 10:44 AM
  • Since two days the Config Manager Forum (and maybe also others) doens't update reply numbers and last post sorting doesn't work. Maybe also some other things i don't see until yet... Please have a look.

Thanks.

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 1:15 PM
  • The forums have not been behaving normally for a few days. There were stretches where there seemed to be no activity in any forum for many hours (12 or more). I cannot tell if people could not post, or the page views just did not update. Things only seem normal to me in the last few hours.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 8:41 PM
  • List views were just not updating (assuming search service offline again while they re-index) I'm guessing this may be normal every few months until they find another method.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 9:05 PM
  • All of the MSDN and TechNet forums have been acting up for a few days. There appeared to be no activity in any forum for many hours. I suspect people were able to post, but the posts never showed up in any view.

I believe the forums have returned to normal in just the last few hours.

Edit: I see much activity that never showed up before. I have to go back to this past Saturday to find all that I missed.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 9:14 PM
  • I don't think they returned to normal yet, but I did report this problem yesterday to fissues and some other people reported them too. The response was that Engineering Team is aware of the problem and working on the resolution (that the response I got yesterday, no updates since then).

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

• Marked as answer by notacat Wednesday, April 26, 2017 11:25 PM
    Wednesday, April 26, 2017 9:16 PM
  • Lots of threads being merged with this on, so hey ho lets see if this post puts it to the top of the Forums Issues (not product support) forum.

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 9:45 PM
  • Lots of threads being merged with this on, so hey ho lets see if this post puts it to the top of the Forums Issues (not product support) forum.

Hi,

for me, its workoing again now.

Regards,

Thorsten

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 10:03 PM
  • Hi,

for me, its workoing again now.

Regards,

Thorsten

Yes, it seems to be working now, though things are very sluggish in my opinion.

Thursday, April 27, 2017 9:29 AM