Synchronisation Services for ADO.NET Windows Mobile Device Sample Application Problem! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I hope that someone could help me, i've downloaded the CTP1 for devices and i've built the GBAServerSyncProvider project no problem.

However i cannot get the device project to even load in VS2008, it's greyed out and opening the project produces an errror ' The application for the project is not installed'

The project file cannot be loaded.

I'm sure i've missed a pre-requisite but i cannot see it for the life of me! I can see smart device projects is VS2008 if i select new project. The only thing which is different is that this machine has been upgrade from SQL 2005 Developer edition to SQL 2008 Developer.

Thanks

John

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 8:14 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Friday, March 28, 2008 4:52 PM

All replies

• this seems strange. have you installed the sync service for device MSI ?

can you create a new smart device project and see if you can reference and deploy the app to the device?

thanks

yunwen

Saturday, March 29, 2008 12:15 AM
  • Smart device programmability is supported on VS Pro and above SKUs. If you've VS Std than you need to upgrade. Additionally, you can try to repair your VS if you have VS Pro or above.

Please confirm if you're able to create a new Smart Device project.

Manav

Monday, March 31, 2008 8:04 AM