CRM 4.0 Outlook Client - SQL Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

we're trying to install CRM Outlook Client for Version 4 and it keeps giving us an error when the setup is installing Microsoft SQL Express (CRM). All it says is "Fatal Error" - Message "Fatal Error During Installation". Also here's some information that I see on the logs:

Error: Action "ExposeVistaClusteredResources" failed during execution.  Error information reported during run:
    Action: "ExposeVistaClusteredResources" will be marked as failed due to the following condition:
    Condition "The Clustered SQL Server instance that hosts  is installed." returned false.
    Running: ReportChainingResults at: 2009/7/6 12:24:55
    Error: Action "ReportChainingResults" threw an exception during execution.
    One or more packages failed to install. Refer to logs for error details. : 1603
            Error Code: 0x80070643 (1603)
    Windows Error Text: Fatal error during installation.
      Source File Name: sqlchaining\sqlchainingactions.cpp
    Compiler Timestamp: Thu Nov 16 20:31:57 2006
         Function Name: sqls::ReportChainingResults::perform
    Source Line Number: 3521

Error: Failed to add file :"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0002_9AC991A509164F0_.NET Framework 2.0.log" to cab file : "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\SqlSetup0002.cab" Error Code : 2
    Delay load of action "UploadDrWatsonLogAction" returned noth
    ing. No action will occur as a result.
    Message pump returning: 1603

Have anyone seem this ?
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 6:37 PM

Answers

• Have you tried installing the SQL Server 2005 Express before installing CRM? I would suggest installing ing separately and setting "local service" as the service account. Then, during installation check whether the error still occurs. If not, proceed and only then install AOutlook client for CRM.

Best regards,
    Kuba
    -- Kuba Skałbania, Netwise
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 6:52 PM

All replies

• Have you tried installing the SQL Server 2005 Express before installing CRM? I would suggest installing ing separately and setting "local service" as the service account. Then, during installation check whether the error still occurs. If not, proceed and only then install AOutlook client for CRM.

Best regards,
    Kuba
    -- Kuba Skałbania, Netwise
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 6:52 PM
  • For everyone who has issues installing CRM Outlook Client which I think it's a very complex process when you don't know what's going on under the scenes.

We've a process in place now to install the client application I'll give you a small overview:

1- User who is installing the application must be a local admin (This is in our case since it's the only user who has rights to install applications)
    2- Install the Microsoft Clean up utility to remove MSXML 6.0 if present (Check under control panel to find out if this component which is install by the setup is already in place - for some reason the CRM outlook client setup is not capable of removing this component and the clean up tool is require to do this step - Note: You won't be able to uninstall it from control panel)
    3- If all components are downloaded and install successful then you've past the rough part.
    4- For any issues in our company related to this tool we usually use the Diagnostic tool install with CRM Outlook client.

If anyone has any questions feel free to let me know.

I just wanted to share this information which we couldn't find anywhere and had to struggle...

Thank you
    Dilmer Valecillos
    Programmer Analyst...

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 2:20 AM