Restored PC RRS feed

• Question

•  

I wiped my hard by passing it over a large magnet, by accident of course, and completely restored it from a back up from may. My one care has been doing weekly back up on one care 2.0, but the newly installed onecare has two versions of this PC. One of the new one i put on today, and one of the original. I want to restore my files, but it says it has to be a hub pc (which it is), and it does not want to restore from a centalized location. It also has an option to restore files from july, but i think that is just the back up before i switched to 2.0 with the centralized back up. How do i get my files back?
    Thursday, September 20, 2007 6:34 PM

Answers

• You need to configure One Care backup to use your previously used network device as a backup destination, then restore your files.

Friday, September 21, 2007 4:42 AM

All replies

• You need to configure One Care backup to use your previously used network device as a backup destination, then restore your files.

Friday, September 21, 2007 4:42 AM
  • To expand on what I think Jim means - what we've seen work in other cases is to perform a new backup to the device/location you want to restore from - in this case, the centralized backup. Then try the restore. If you need further help, you can contact support and/or continue the discussion here.

http://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=onecarev2 -use the "Get More Help" link in the lower right of the page to contact support via email.

-steve

Friday, September 21, 2007 5:50 PM