Change bulk data in a form field RRS feed

• Question

• When contact data was uploaded into the system, job title was misspelled on hundreds of contacts.  Whithout doing a search and changing it manually, is there a process that I can program to check all contacts and correct the spelling?
    Monday, March 21, 2011 7:50 PM

Answers

• Another solution:

1. Export out all the rows to excel by using the "Export to Excel" button on the Ribbon. Make sure that:
         (i) The attribute in question e.g. job title is part of the view you are exporting from. If it's not part of the view you can quickly create a personal view.
         (ii) The checkbox labelled "Make this data available for re-importing by including required column headings" is checked.
    2. Open the exported file in excel and do a find-replace to correct your data.
    3. Import the excel back using the "Import Data" Wizard. You can find the button on the Ribbon.
    4. Wait for the job to finish. All your data will be updated in CRM!

• Proposed as answer by AmitNeo Tuesday, March 22, 2011 5:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by Enlit10ed One Wednesday, March 23, 2011 8:51 PM
    Tuesday, March 22, 2011 5:39 AM

All replies

•  

Solution 1

can you find those records using advanced find? 

If yes then select all those records and do a bulk edit and changed the title

Solution 2

write custom application to find the records and replace the values using sdk

- Vijay
    • Proposed as answer by vijay i Monday, March 21, 2011 9:11 PM
    Monday, March 21, 2011 9:11 PM
  • Another solution:

1. Export out all the rows to excel by using the "Export to Excel" button on the Ribbon. Make sure that:
         (i) The attribute in question e.g. job title is part of the view you are exporting from. If it's not part of the view you can quickly create a personal view.
         (ii) The checkbox labelled "Make this data available for re-importing by including required column headings" is checked.
    2. Open the exported file in excel and do a find-replace to correct your data.
    3. Import the excel back using the "Import Data" Wizard. You can find the button on the Ribbon.
    4. Wait for the job to finish. All your data will be updated in CRM!

• Proposed as answer by AmitNeo Tuesday, March 22, 2011 5:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by Enlit10ed One Wednesday, March 23, 2011 8:51 PM
    Tuesday, March 22, 2011 5:39 AM