Upgraded from MCPD 3.5 to 4. Now, may be a MCPD Azure developer? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi
     If I upgrade from 3.5 to 4.0 my MCPD Enterprise developer, Can I obtain MCPD Azure developer only passing 70-583 cert? Or first pass 70-513 and 70-516?
    In other words, how many certs I need for obtain "MCPD Azure developer" title if I am a  "MCPD Enterprise developer 4.0" upgraded from 3.5 net framework (passing only 70-521 and 70-523 to upgrade my old MCPDs)
    Julio Trujillo Leon. Microsoft Certified Professional Developer. .NET Developer and TFS admin. . Please, if my contribution is useful for you press on "useful button" Por favor, si les ha sido útil pulsen en "el mensaje ha sido útil" https://www.mcpvirtualbusinesscard.com/VBCServer/JulioTrujilloLeon/interactivecard
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 4:45 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If you upgrade to MCPD Win 4.0 or MCPD Web 4.0 you will also get credited with MCTS ADO.NET 4.0 (70-516) and MCTS WCF (70-513).  These are the prerequisites for MCPD Azure so upgrading and taking exam 70-583 will give you MCPD Azure Developer.

Hope this helps,

Ozzy Geoff

MCT, MCPD Web 4.0 & MCPD Win 4.0

• Proposed as answer by Geoff Clark MCM Friday, February 18, 2011 10:32 PM
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Friday, March 4, 2011 3:43 PM
    Friday, February 18, 2011 10:32 PM
  • Hi,

I succefully passed the upgrade exams 70-521 and 70-523 and I recently got the info that I also passed the 71-583 BETA exam.

But my transcript does not show the MCPD Azure Developer 4 certification. What do I need to do to get its accredition ?

Jason De Oliveira

Sunday, February 20, 2011 11:20 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If you upgrade to MCPD Win 4.0 or MCPD Web 4.0 you will also get credited with MCTS ADO.NET 4.0 (70-516) and MCTS WCF (70-513).  These are the prerequisites for MCPD Azure so upgrading and taking exam 70-583 will give you MCPD Azure Developer.

Hope this helps,

Ozzy Geoff

• Proposed as answer by Geoff Clark MCM Friday, February 18, 2011 10:32 PM
    Friday, February 18, 2011 10:32 PM
  • Hi,

I succefully passed the upgrade exams 70-521 and 70-523 and I recently got the info that I also passed the 71-583 BETA exam.

But my transcript does not show the MCPD Azure Developer 4 certification. What do I need to do to get its accredition ?

Jason De Oliveira

Sunday, February 20, 2011 11:20 AM
  • Hi Jason

I guess the novelty of the certification, it is possible that not has been activated yet.

Immediately get in touch with the MCP site support and tell them your case.

It would put in this forum your response by MCP support site for those who want to get exam 71-583 have clear which is the position of Microsoft in this situation.

Thank you for your collaboration.

=============================
    Supongo que por la novedad de la certificación es posible que no haya sido activada aún.

Ponte inmediatamente en contacto con soporte del sitio MCP y cuéntales tu caso.

Agradecería pongas en este foro tu respuesta por parte del soporte del MCP site para los que deseamos obtener el exámen 71-583 tengamos claro cual es la postura de Microsoft ante esta situación.

Gracias por tu colaboración.

Julio Trujillo Leon. Microsoft Certified Professional Developer. .NET Developer and TFS admin. . Please, if my contribution is useful for you press on "useful button" Por favor, si les ha sido útil pulsen en "el mensaje ha sido útil" https://www.mcpvirtualbusinesscard.com/VBCServer/JulioTrujilloLeon/interactivecard
    Monday, February 21, 2011 7:42 AM
  • Hello,

Today I verified my MCP Transcript and the MCPD Azure Developer certification shows up.

So I can testify that doing the upgrade exams .NET 4 and passing the BETA 71-583 will earn you the Azure certification !

It will be the same when doing the real 70-583 exam.

Jason De Oliveira

MCT, MCPD Web 4.0 & MCPD Win 4.0 & MCPD Azure

Monday, February 21, 2011 12:20 PM
  • Congratulations Jason!!!!!!

I keep in mind the possibilty that prepare my Azure cert. Actually we use Azure for our products.

Best regards

Monday, February 21, 2011 12:22 PM