Cannot enter the 25 character Key on Onecare RRS feed

• Question

• I bought this Onecare box and it will not accept the 25 character product key.  Can I talk to some live person about this product ?  I have proof of License S/N, what else do I need to do.  Next year I WILL CERTAINLY NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT FROM MICROSOFT.

Does Microsoft have a toll free Tel or will they not answer me before taking my credit card #.

Thursday, September 11, 2008 11:24 PM

Answers

• If you are getting an error about the key being invalid, you are mistaking at least one character or you have a misprinted key. The latter is very rare, though it can happen.

I hate the font that they use for the key - some characters are miserable to discern. J and I look all too much alike, as do O and 0.

I recommend that you use a magnifying glass to check the characters closely - I find that I need to do this. If you are still encountering a problem with activation, you have about 2 weeks to get activated, so I'd go ahead and open an email request to support, explaining the problem. See the FAQ and use the Trial user option to start the email request. If you can provide a digital image - scan or photo - of the key to the tech that responds, they can validate the key for you.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Friday, September 12, 2008 2:37 PM

All replies

• Hello Mackdhebar,

Can you share with us any error codes and/or messaging received when attempting to install the 25 alpha/numeric product key? Do you currently or ever had any other anti-virus programs installed on the system? Please reference the following Knowledge Base (KB) article "How to troubleshoot Windows Live OneCare installation problems" located @ http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943906/en-us.  The KB article provides steps for troubleshooting installation problems users may experience. 

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

OneCare Forum Manager

Friday, September 12, 2008 12:05 AM
  • If you are getting an error about the key being invalid, you are mistaking at least one character or you have a misprinted key. The latter is very rare, though it can happen.

I hate the font that they use for the key - some characters are miserable to discern. J and I look all too much alike, as do O and 0.

I recommend that you use a magnifying glass to check the characters closely - I find that I need to do this. If you are still encountering a problem with activation, you have about 2 weeks to get activated, so I'd go ahead and open an email request to support, explaining the problem. See the FAQ and use the Trial user option to start the email request. If you can provide a digital image - scan or photo - of the key to the tech that responds, they can validate the key for you.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Friday, September 12, 2008 2:37 PM