.net developer training program RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I have passed 70-536 and 70-562 exams and I’m on my way to get MCPD – enterprise apps developer. But I have been thinking lately that getting MCPD won’t make me a very skilled and outstanding software developer because there is much more into software development than just the exams (such as wcf, WinForm, Asp.net) that are required to get MCPD Enterprise. For example, to be an outstanding developer you have to very good in software architecture, design patterns, testing, user requirements analysis, and such.

Of course some of the courses required to get MCPD talk about these important skills, but they just scratch the surface.

Therefore, I’m looking for a well-designed and proven effective .net developer training program that includes courses for all the important skills required for a software developer to outstand.

Any reference would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 4:55 PM

Answers

• How long (in weeks) are you thinking a training course should be to exhaustively cover all the required topics in an adequate fashion? Books, documentation, and real-world experience cover everything.

BTW - certification exams are not intended to make you "a very skilled and outstanding software developer". They are there to prove to others that you have some working knowledge of the topics.

You'll notice that the only upgrade exams for .NET 4 from MCPD: EAD is to Windows, Web, or Azure. In other words, they've dropped the "Enterprise Application Developer" title for .NET 4.0.

Best wishes to you.

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Sunday, May 8, 2011 6:30 AM
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 6:49 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• How long (in weeks) are you thinking a training course should be to exhaustively cover all the required topics in an adequate fashion? Books, documentation, and real-world experience cover everything.

BTW - certification exams are not intended to make you "a very skilled and outstanding software developer". They are there to prove to others that you have some working knowledge of the topics.

You'll notice that the only upgrade exams for .NET 4 from MCPD: EAD is to Windows, Web, or Azure. In other words, they've dropped the "Enterprise Application Developer" title for .NET 4.0.

Best wishes to you.

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Sunday, May 8, 2011 6:30 AM
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 6:49 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Davin

Of course books, documentations, and SDKs are the “real world” experience that covers everything. However, what I meant by a training program is that there got to be a program that gives developers a very sold background in all important topics of software development, then a developer should go and read in-depth in any topic he wants.

As you said, certifications are intended to make anyone very skilled. Because it’s all depends on developer’s experience and abilities. But a training program takes a student through several 2 ~ 5 days courses that cover all important topics of software development.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 8:21 PM