why delay in getting my key? RRS feed

• Question

• My XP needs upgrading to SP2 & I couldn't do that without getting a new key, so I went ahead & purchased it. I'm supposed to get the key when my payment is verified but it's been over a day...I paid by credit card so why shouldn't I be getting this right away? I'm used to buying software online & getting an email confirmation in minutes...so why would Microsoft be so much slower than anyone else?
    Thursday, April 27, 2006 5:01 PM

Answers

• Bobtins:

I'm sorry for the delay you are having. Have you recieved an email confirming you order has been at least received? (Check junk-mail and spam mail boxes for an email from service@microsoft.com)

If not, I would suggest calling the local support centre (numbers can be found all over www.microsoft.com) with your order number from the purchase page. They will be able to clarify things for you. I haven't recieved any active bugs that may determine why there is a delay.

-Phil Liu

Friday, April 28, 2006 5:10 AM

All replies

• What is your country?
    Thursday, April 27, 2006 5:53 PM
  • USA (Oakland, CA)
    Friday, April 28, 2006 5:06 AM
  • Bobtins:

I'm sorry for the delay you are having. Have you recieved an email confirming you order has been at least received? (Check junk-mail and spam mail boxes for an email from service@microsoft.com)

If not, I would suggest calling the local support centre (numbers can be found all over www.microsoft.com) with your order number from the purchase page. They will be able to clarify things for you. I haven't recieved any active bugs that may determine why there is a delay.

-Phil Liu

Friday, April 28, 2006 5:10 AM