Real fake XP pro RRS feed

• Question

• Ok, so this is my situation.

I purchased in good faith from an on-line auction site, XP Pro that was supposedly genuine, and yes, it was cheap.

Quite clearly, while it works fine, it is not genuine as it never passes any of the MS Genuine Advantage "tests" thereby not allowing me to upgrade to things like Media Player 11, Explorer 7, etc. I daresay that if I want to upgrade to Vista the same will apply.

What can I do to resolve this situation? It seems a little harsh that I should have to pay twice if I have to go out and buy a genuine copy.

The people who are copying these disks and selling them on cheap make them look, to a novice, quite plausible.

If I buy a genuine retail version, can I load it on over the top of what I have already?

sucked in,

Murdot

Monday, March 5, 2007 11:49 PM

Answers

• In order to resolve your non-genuine licensing issue, please visit: www.microsoft.com/genuine and click on "Validate Windows". When validation fails, you'll see a button to click on which will provide information on your options which include how to acquire a WGA Kit.
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 12:11 AM