none
SQL 2012 Beta exams results RRS feed

• Question

• So , I took beta exams for SQL 2012 early April ; the results of course weren't given since MS was still reviewing the program

Since SQL 2012 real exams should be out in a week , any info when the beta exams results will be out ? I'd like to see which exams will be needed to obtain a certification , if any ?

Cheers

• Edited by Moham Mawla Wednesday, June 6, 2012 7:37 PM
    Wednesday, June 6, 2012 12:49 PM

Answers

• Results are in

Results for 461,462,463,465,466 & 467 updated on Prometric site, 464 not yet updated.

Takes time for MCP site to be updated and then Certificates to be awarded, but Prometric has been updated for the people I have spoken to.

Good Luck,

Cheers,

Geoff

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 7:48 PM
  • Here are more info about the whole thing and how the results are sent

https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/exam-dev.aspx?#tab2

"

Your result is added to your Microsoft transcript. In general, results for beta exams will be visible in your transcript within two weeks of when the final version of the exam releases.

Passing the beta exam

You usually receive your exam score by the time the final version of the exam becomes available—this up to 16 weeks after you take the exam. 

If you believe your score should be available and it is not, first check whether Prometric has posted it on its website. If not, contact Prometric. (Note that it can take up to two weeks after the final version of the exam is publicly available for your beta score to appear on the Prometric website.) If Prometric has posted a score, but you do not see the score on your Microsoft transcript, contact your Microsoft Regional Service Center.

"

So I think we need to wait at least two weeks before checking again.I also emailed Prometric for feedback

Please mark as answer if you think this answers your questions

• Marked as answer by Moham Mawla Tuesday, June 12, 2012 1:29 PM
    Tuesday, June 12, 2012 1:29 PM

All replies

• So , I took beta exams for SQL 2012 early April ; the results of course weren't given since MS was still reviewing the program

Since SQL 2012 real exams should be out in a week , any info when the beta exams results will be out ? I'd like to see which exams will be needed to obtain a certification , if any ?

Cheers

Where are you getting your information in relation to when the exams go live?

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Wednesday, June 6, 2012 11:48 PM
  • Ok, looks like med-June is when the exams are scheduled to be released.

A.  Exams are scheduled to be available in mid-June in their live version. Upgrade exams are scheduled to be available by the end of August 2012.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton

Wednesday, June 6, 2012 11:50 PM
  • http://blogs.technet.com/b/uktechnet/archive/2012/06/05/get-trained-and-certified-in-sql-server-2012.aspx

"from the 11<sup style="color:#2a2a2a;font-family:'Segoe UI', 'Lucida Grande', Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;line-height:20px;text-align:left;">th</sup> of June IT Professionals can achieve the following SQL Server 2012 Certifications:

· Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) in SQL Server 2012.

· Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) in Data Platform or Business Intelligence.

"

So , when beta results are out ?

Thursday, June 7, 2012 6:24 PM
  • Hopefully you may get your results soon, even tomorrow.

The live exams should get released on the 11th of June.

Usually the results come out when the exam is released.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-461

Sunday, June 10, 2012 10:47 PM
  • Happy to find someone else wondering the same thing. "My Transcripts" shows no mention of the Beta SQL 2012 Exams at all (yet), but the exams are showing released. Just have to wait a bit I hope.

Monday, June 11, 2012 11:21 PM
  • Same here, nothing so far.  The transcripts page does mention however that you need to take into account that it may take 7 days for it to get updated.  Possibly this starts counting after the scores are released...

I've done a couple of SQL 2008 betas in the past and if I remember well, the first notification I received was through mail (the old-style, tree-unfriendly version)...  So if that's still the case, it may take several days (perhaps even weeks) after score release before you know anything.  Hopefully they're also sending out emails...

MCITP SQL Server 2008 (DEV); MCTS SQL Server 2008 (BI, DEV & DBA)

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 11:11 AM
  • Here are more info about the whole thing and how the results are sent

https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/exam-dev.aspx?#tab2

"

Your result is added to your Microsoft transcript. In general, results for beta exams will be visible in your transcript within two weeks of when the final version of the exam releases.

Passing the beta exam

You usually receive your exam score by the time the final version of the exam becomes available—this up to 16 weeks after you take the exam. 

If you believe your score should be available and it is not, first check whether Prometric has posted it on its website. If not, contact Prometric. (Note that it can take up to two weeks after the final version of the exam is publicly available for your beta score to appear on the Prometric website.) If Prometric has posted a score, but you do not see the score on your Microsoft transcript, contact your Microsoft Regional Service Center.

"

So I think we need to wait at least two weeks before checking again.I also emailed Prometric for feedback

• Marked as answer by Moham Mawla Tuesday, June 12, 2012 1:29 PM
    Tuesday, June 12, 2012 1:29 PM
  • Results are in

Results for 461,462,463,465,466 & 467 updated on Prometric site, 464 not yet updated.

Takes time for MCP site to be updated and then Certificates to be awarded, but Prometric has been updated for the people I have spoken to.

Good Luck,

Cheers,

Geoff

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 7:48 PM
  • Moham Mawla pasted the best advice about the process.

I can say I got a nice and prompt reply from a MS Learning Program Manager saying about the same thing.

"Rescores are being processed this week. Hopefully you’ll get notice of your results
    within the next week. (fingers crossed) We have a lot of beta exams to process
    so it’s a bit harder to predict when the process will finish and all results
    will have been delivered
    "

It appears some have seen some results appear - I haven't myself yet so will just wait and see. It was a good excercise in logging into the old MCP site to make sure I'm still there :).

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 11:20 PM
  • I just logged in to my Prometric profile and found the beta exam results 

ALL but one are flagged as "Passed" while one is flagged as "Tested" ; I assume this one flagged as "Tested" means failed :(

well , time to prepare for Live exam

Cheers

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 8:51 AM
  •  I assume this one flagged as "Tested" means failed :(

No that's not correct.  Tested means that you sat the exam and the results are not currently available.

Jeff Wharton

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 8:52 AM
  •  I assume this one flagged as "Tested" means failed :(

No that's not correct.  Tested means that you sat the exam and the results are not currently available.

Jeff Wharton

Awesome , fingers crossed :)

Thanks a lot

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 9:35 AM
  • Results for 464 have now been updated on Prometric so all now updated, just need MCP site to update.

Geoff

MCSE Data Platform

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 10:47 PM
  • Does anyone have an update on an ETA for results posting to MCP Transcripts? As of June 29th, the Prometric results I can see on the site are still not on my MCP Transcript. The Prometric results (and exam release dates) for the 3 exams I passed was June 11th, 2012.

In the past (SQL 2005 / 2008 betas) it didn't take this long - at least not as I remember.

Lou Paine

Friday, June 29, 2012 5:19 PM
  • Anyone got 464 beta results on the MCP transcript already?
    Thursday, July 12, 2012 2:34 PM
  • Even my MCP transcript is not updated yet. Prometric is showing Passed since long time.  Am I supposed to get some score letter ?
    Monday, July 16, 2012 8:57 AM
  • I still have the same problem, for three certification exams.

Have called the Microsoft service centre 3 times now (at one week intervals). They say the case is "under investigation", but won't provide an estimate of how long this might take.

Can't figure out whether the problem is on the Microsoft side or the Prometric side, but the guy I spoke to today assured me there was no point calling prometric.

(Twitter | Blog)

Monday, July 23, 2012 2:12 PM
  • Hey, all.

I've had many disappointing experiences which led me to stop taking Microsoft beta exams.

• One time, I arrived at the testing center and waited for an hour. I had to leave because they couldn't download the beta exam for me to take.
    • Another time, my results weren't given to me until two months after the exam went live.
    • Another time, Prometric completely lost my test results and marked me as a "no show" on their site.

These events occurred when the beta exams were free. Now they charge for this pain? No thank you. I will just wait until they go live.

Advantages of waiting to take the live exams:

• Learn your test results immediately. No time wasted on the phone or searching the Prometric and MCP sites.
    • You are given printed proof of your passed exam immediately. If it doesn't show up on your transcript, you can prove that you passed it so they can fix it.
    • You only have to answer a subset from the pool of questions - not all the questions in the pool. Do you really think more questions over a longer perios of time work to your advantage?
    • Time is valuable. The live exams take a shorter amount of time than the beta exams because there have less questions.
    • There is no advantage to taking them early - no recognition.
    • You won't know if you passed a beta exam until it goes live.
    • The beta exams have errors. Typos, wrong answers, badly written questions, etc. Why take a chance that you read it correctly?
    • Less chance of a transcript error. Some people have passed the beta exams only to find their transcripts weren't updated.

Fodder for thought. Good luck to everyone! I asm hoping to pass my 28th Microsoft exam this week.

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson

Monday, July 23, 2012 5:06 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks you for sharing your experiences David.

I'd just like to add that the reason why people take (or should take) beta exams is to assist with the process or creating and releasing quality certifications.  If people are sitting beta’s purely because they thought it was a great way of getting a freebee, then they’ve misunderstood the beta process and why beta’s are released in the first place.

Microsoft does release codes to allow people to sit beta’s for free however these are now being released to selected participants and Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) instead of the wider community.  I think charging people to sit beta’s is a great idea as it weeds out all those only taking the exam so they don’t need to pay for it in the future.

To register as a SME, please visit https://connect.microsoft.com/site862 (Please note, registering as a SME doesn’t guarantee that you’ll be invited to sit beta exams for free.)

Jeff Wharton

Monday, July 23, 2012 11:23 PM
  • I can see the result on the Prometric website but still not visible on my MSP Transcript. Looking forward to see it soon

Javier Villegas | @javier_villhttp://sql-javier-villegas.blogspot.com/

Please click "Propose As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if a post has been useful to you

Monday, August 13, 2012 2:22 PM
  • It's August and the exam went live two months ago.

This is obviously an error and needs to be fixed right away. Contact Microsoft and get it fixed soon before Prometric deletes your exam results.

mcphelp@microsoft.com

I won't repeat my opinions about Microsoft beta exams. They are three posts above.

I am really sorry to hear you are going through this.

Good luck!

Saturday, August 25, 2012 6:27 AM
    Answerer
  • Prometric deletes your exam results.

Prometric don't delete exam results so no need to panic!

Jeff Wharton

Saturday, August 25, 2012 7:20 AM
  • I agree with Jeff; they won't do it intentionally. That is not what I meant.

As I stated above, I had my entire test result lost by Prometric. Mistakes happen.

I took a beta exam (70-554) at the Prometric office here in Minnesota. They marked me as a NO SHOW after sitting the exam for over two hours.

Of course, this was a while ago, when Microsoft offered beta exams for free.

Most important, I hope you get your transcript updated, Javier!

Saturday, August 25, 2012 2:26 PM
    Answerer
  • I can see the result on the Prometric website but still not visible on my MSP Transcript. Looking forward to see it soon

Javier Villegas | @javier_villhttp://sql-javier-villegas.blogspot.com/

Please click "Propose As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if a post has been useful to you

Did you use the same email address to register for the beta exams as you did for your other exams?

Jeff Wharton

Saturday, August 25, 2012 10:26 PM
  • I agree with Jeff; they won't do it intentionally. That is not what I meant.

As I stated above, I had my entire test result lost by Prometric. Mistakes happen.

I took a beta exam (70-554) at the Prometric office here in Minnesota. They marked me as a NO SHOW after sitting the exam for over two hours.

Of course, this was a while ago, when Microsoft offered beta exams for free.

Most important, I hope you get your transcript updated, Javier!

I know there were issues in the past (and may still be in extreme circumstances) as it’s up to each exam centre to synchronise their exam data with Prometric (exam data/results are cached locally) and sometimes this process didn’t always work correctly or didn’t get done (some centres use a manual synchronisation process).  I know Prometric have improved this process over the years so the instances of missing or corrupt exam data/results has decreased.  That said, anything can happen :-)

Jeff Wharton

Saturday, August 25, 2012 10:44 PM
  • Hi ,

My Transscript is not yet updated. Can some confirm it is updated for 071-464 (Developing MS SQL Server 2012 DB)

Thanks.

Karun Mahajan

Friday, September 28, 2012 10:51 AM
  • Hi, Is your trasnscript got updated. --Karun
    Friday, September 28, 2012 10:52 AM
  • Hi ,

My Transscript is not yet updated. Can some confirm it is updated for 071-464 (Developing MS SQL Server 2012 DB)

Thanks.

Karun Mahajan

Does your Prometric exam history show that you passed this exam?

Jeff Wharton

Friday, September 28, 2012 10:54 AM
  • Hi ,

Thanks.

Karun Mahajan

Does your Prometric exam history show that you passed this exam?

Jeff Wharton

Hi Jeff,

Yes, Prometric exam history shows that I have passed the exam.

--Karun Mahajan

Saturday, October 27, 2012 7:13 PM