Kicked off of Vista RRS feed

• Question

• The desktop on my Vista laptop is black with a message in the lower right of the screen: "This copy of Windows is not genuine." (There is also a code: "Build 6000")When prompted to enter my product key, I'm notified that it's invalid. This problem originated after I was shutting Vista down without my glasses on and I must have clicked the wrong icon.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010 2:02 AM

Answers

• "Max Jones" wrote in message news:09dba832-47e2-4d6a-ad0d-d4175bafd083...

The desktop on my Vista laptop is black with a message in the lower right of the screen: "This copy of Windows is not genuine." (There is also a code: "Build 6000")When prompted to enter my product key, I'm notified that it's invalid. This problem originated after I was shutting Vista down without my glasses on and I must have clicked the wrong icon.

This has NOTHING to do with improper shutdowns - unless you have some kind of hack installed.

Please read teh Announcements and Stickies at the head of the Index page, then post back with your MGADiag report.
    We cannot advise you until we see that report.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Wednesday, June 2, 2010 7:26 AM

All replies

• "Max Jones" wrote in message news:09dba832-47e2-4d6a-ad0d-d4175bafd083...

The desktop on my Vista laptop is black with a message in the lower right of the screen: "This copy of Windows is not genuine." (There is also a code: "Build 6000")When prompted to enter my product key, I'm notified that it's invalid. This problem originated after I was shutting Vista down without my glasses on and I must have clicked the wrong icon.

This has NOTHING to do with improper shutdowns - unless you have some kind of hack installed.

Please read teh Announcements and Stickies at the head of the Index page, then post back with your MGADiag report.
    We cannot advise you until we see that report.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Wednesday, June 2, 2010 7:26 AM
  • No reply.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Tuesday, June 8, 2010 9:16 PM