Redeployment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I wanna do a CRM 4.0 redeployment from one server to another.

I wanna know if i can backup the databases and do the redeployment (using connect to existing database). But meanwhile, the users will be using CRM so can i, after the redeployment is finished, do another backup for the freshest data and restore it again just by doing restore in the SQL Server 2005, without doing any further step?

It's urgent!!

Thursday, October 23, 2008 11:57 AM

All replies

• This post describes the redeployement process for CRM 4.  It is close to what you are asking.  I think the process is fairly quick so you may find that you don't need to keep production running while you move the server.

http://blogs.inetium.com/blogs/tedh/archive/2008/05/20/15540.aspx

Thursday, October 23, 2008 4:40 PM
  • S you can go by using the existing DB by taking the backup of all the CRM databases.

But there will be two issues related to this:

If you want to create a new instance with the existing db its not possible as it CRM tries to creates a new config db which is not possible to have.

Second if u try to import and go for using the existing deployment and use the existing db then it will create a new Org but meanwhile it will also import all the exsiting org into ur Instance.

It suggest you to take a backup and go for a new DB Server and use the Deployment manager to deploy it.

By which you first have to create a dummy org first and then go for the actual org name by giving the restored db name.

This is how it will work if u want to make the things without getting disturb.

Hope this may help you.

Friday, November 7, 2008 11:53 PM