none
MS932 encoding needed for conversion Japanese to English RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Team,

We have one source file(Japanese) with Unicode format and we want to convert Source file to MS932 encoding format(English).

But we don’t see MS932 format on encoding list hence we can't read the contents of the file.

PATH: - 

Setting-->preferences-->New document-->encoding.

Could you please help us to get MS932 encoding.

Regard's

Ravi

• Moved by Stanly Fan Tuesday, May 30, 2017 8:16 AM
    Thursday, May 18, 2017 6:54 AM

All replies

• Anyoen can guide me on this situation
    Friday, May 19, 2017 7:07 AM
  • Hi Ravishukla20,

>>Could you please help us to get MS932 encoding.

Sorry that I don't know which view do you use to access this encoding file, and for your first question, I don't think it is possible to convert Unicode format to MS932 format, in fact, a coding formats can not be converted between each other, because the internal implementation of each encoding format and storage methods are different, so they can not convert each other.

Best Regards,

Stanly

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 19, 2017 7:41 AM
  • i am referring the Notepad++ here , if you open any UNICODE file (like i have japanese char file ) and i want to open in notepad ++ so i have issue here like on the place of japanese charactor i can see random UNICODE values .

please help !

Monday, July 24, 2017 4:19 PM