Error trying to use crmscvutil.exe.config RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I'm trying to create and use a crmsvcutil.exe.config file so that I dont have to type all the parameters each time I use the tool.

However as I try to run the exe file I get an error saying that the side-by-side file is incorrect. In the event log it says that:

on line 1. The application config file root element must be configuration.

<configuration>
    <appSettings>
    <add key="o" value="CrmProxy.cs" />
    <add key="d" value="xxx" />
    <add key="u" value="xxx" />
    <add key="p" value="xxx" />
    <add key="url" value="http://xxx/xxx/XRMServices/2011/Organization.svc" />
    <add key"servicecontextname" value="xxx" />
    </appSettings>
    </configuration>

Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong here?

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 11:39 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I haven't used the xml config option, another option is to create a batch file with all the required parameters, and every time you want to generate just run the batch file means you don't have to re-type the settings each time.

an example, create batch file, and enter as follows:

crmsvcutil /url:"[x]/XRMServices/2011/Organization.svc"  /username:"[y]" /password:"[z]" /language:cs /namespace:DevCrm /out:"DevCrm.cs" /serviceContextName:Xrm

Thomas T(MCBMSS) If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 1:21 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I haven't used the xml config option, another option is to create a batch file with all the required parameters, and every time you want to generate just run the batch file means you don't have to re-type the settings each time.

an example, create batch file, and enter as follows:

crmsvcutil /url:"[x]/XRMServices/2011/Organization.svc"  /username:"[y]" /password:"[z]" /language:cs /namespace:DevCrm /out:"DevCrm.cs" /serviceContextName:Xrm

Thomas T(MCBMSS) If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 1:21 PM
  • Can't get it to work using the .config way. I think it's the url parameter that is giving me problems.

The .bat file way if also an option.

Thursday, January 12, 2012 11:16 AM