none
After install windows xp sp2 system hangs in boot RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, any advice would be appreciated. I have had to reformat my hard drive twice because of this problem. When upgrading to SP2, the upgrade hangs on Installation, the part where it says "Cleaning up" Then when I hit cancel after waiting for a long time, it says that the computer has been succesfully upgraded. Then after reboot, it hangs on Windows XP loading screen. I have searched some of the Windows websites, about SP2 and I found one instance where it said that this problem will happen if I don't have an Intel-ready motherboard and an Intel processor, but I know this is not the problem as SP2 has been updated before without a problem on same PC. Please help? Thanks in advance!
    • Moved by Kenneth Lee Tuesday, April 19, 2011 7:57 AM forum cleanup (From:MSDN, TechNet, and Expression Profile and Recognition System Discussions)
    Monday, January 31, 2011 6:55 AM

All replies

• it is an upgradation issue.. because before upgradation u r pc will working fine.... just format u r pc and dont do update.
    Tuesday, February 1, 2011 8:25 AM
  • Since you don't need help in your forum account for this web site, your post is off-topic. Try answers.microsoft.com instead.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Sunday, February 6, 2011 3:29 PM