Running out of space with plenty left?? RRS feed

• Question

• I have the HP EX470 with 1x500gig drive from the factory.  I added 1x500 & 1x1,000 and for a few weeks everything was working fine then I began getting error messages stating <5gig free from the systray applet even though via the console it reported 1.34tb free.  HP suggested updating to latest power pack which resolved that error message but now it reports, "Not enough free space on some hard drive" "The majority of free space for your server storage is available on only one hard drive.  Folder Duplication requires sufficient free space on multiple hard drives to duplicate your files."

Current allocation

c- 10gig free
    d - 270mb
    both are on disk 0, this is factory drive

disk 1, 15gig free (added post purchase)

disk 2 869gig free (added post purchase)

Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 7:39 AM

All replies

• It sounds as though the folder you want to duplicate, has more than 15GB of data in it. In which case the message would be correct as WHS in a three drive system, will try to store the data across - in your case - disk 1 and disk 2.

From experience on here, it appears that when you add further data disks to the pool, it works better if they are added in pairs and are both of the same size.

Also, not all space is used on each drive in the pool, as WHS reserves a percentage to allow for file growth.

Colin

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 2:42 PM