CRM Update Plugin is not triggered during reimport RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Forum,

we have a plugin which is triggered by updating a contact record.

The configuration for that plugin looks like (via PluginRegistrationTool)

The Plugin was developed with crm 2011 dev tools for visual studio. So you can find the following code for registration of the plugin:

public PostSyncUpdatePerson()
                : base(typeof(PostSyncUpdatePerson)) 
    {
          base.RegisteredEvents.Add(new Tuple<int, string,   string, Action<LocalPluginContext>>(40, "Update",      "contact", new Action<LocalPluginContext>(ExecutePostSyncUpdatePerson)));
    }

Everything works fine so far. But if I do an export of contacts (makred as reimport). Change some values and start reimporting, the plugin is not triggered by that reimport.

Maybe someone has an idea why ?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 8:03 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You shouldn't use the 'Child pipeline' setting since this is only for migrated CRM4 plugins. If you want the plugin to allways fire, set this to 'Parent Pipeline'

hth,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 8:12 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Scott,

thanks for your fast support. I tried to set "Triggering pipeline" to parent pipeline, but the registration tool seems do not update that information. I set to parent pipeline click update => Window closes and if i reopen that window the triggering pipeline is still set to child-pipeline. Is there maybe something special to the crm sever ? It's a german crm 2011 with RU 11 ?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 8:25 AM
  • Hi,

That's strange - try deleting the step and re-creating from scratch.

Scott Durow
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 8:39 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Scott,

i played  around with the registration tool. I can only set the parent pipeline option if i I change the "Eventing Pipeline Stage of Execution" to Pre-validation. On all other Events it gets automatically Child Pipeline  (Triggering Pipeline).

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 9:16 AM
  • Is your plugin a CRM4 plugin or a CRM2011 plugin?

Also - do you have the latest version of the registration tool from the most recent sdk - it is pre-compiled these days - http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=24004

hth

Scott Durow
    Rockstar365

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 9:19 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Scott,

I've downloaded the latest SDK and tried again without any luck.

I think it is a crm 2011 plugin. Is there a special option for that ? I just looked up the .net Version of the plugin assembly, that is .net 4.0.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 9:46 AM
  • Hi,

I think in CRM 2011 Parent Child pipeline is no more available. Because of backward compatibility CRM 4.0 plugins are still supported with such option..

Are you sure your plugin is not firing? Are you getting any error?  Would you please try to throw an error in start of the Plugin to make sure that your plugin is firing?

Thanks!

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 10:02 AM
  • As long as it is compiled against the Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk assembly then it is a CRM2011 plugin.

Are you sure that your plugin is not firing - how are you monitoring if it is firing or not - could it be that it is being called, but the code is not functioning as you expect?

Scott

Scott Durow
    Rockstar365

Thursday, September 12, 2013 7:51 AM
    Answerer