having multiple Links for different view of same entity. RRS feed

• Question

• In the home page of CRM 4, I want to have multiple links in navigation area by changing Sitemap.

like MyEntityView1, MyEntityView2,MyEntityView3...

then when I click each of this link, the Grid will showing different view of MyEntity.

Any idea?  Thanks.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 4:10 PM

Answers

• Found answer:

Change SiteMap to add new link with URL as  below:

<Group Id="Customers" ResourceId="Group_Customers" DescriptionResourceId="Customers_Description">
              <SubArea Id="nav_accts" Entity="account" DescriptionResourceId="Account_SubArea_Description"
                       GetStartedPanePath="Accounts_Web_User_Visor.html" GetStartedPanePathAdmin="Accounts_Web_Admin_Visor.html" GetStartedPanePathOutlook="Accounts_Outlook_User_Visor.html" GetStartedPanePathAdminOutlook="Accounts_Outlook_Admin_Visor.html" />
              <SubArea Id="nav_conts" Entity="contact" DescriptionResourceId="Contact_SubArea_Description" GetStartedPanePath="Contacts_Web_User_Visor.html" GetStartedPanePathAdmin="Contacts_Web_Admin_Visor.html" GetStartedPanePathOutlook="Contacts_Outlook_User_Visor.html" GetStartedPanePathAdminOutlook="Contacts_Outlook_Admin_Visor.html" />

<SubArea Id="nav_test" Url="/_root/homepage.aspx?etc=1&amp;sitemappath=Workplace%7cCustomers%7cnav_accts&amp;viewid=%7b00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001002%7d&amp;viewtype=1039" >
          <Titles>
           <Title LCID="1033" Title="Test" />
          </Titles>
         </SubArea>

</Group>

Now I have Account,Contact and Test under Custom group.

The [Test] will link to "Active Accounts" View of Account Entity,

which [Account] link to "My Active Accounts" View of Account Entity.

• Marked as answer by NewCRM5 Wednesday, August 11, 2010 3:22 PM
    Wednesday, August 11, 2010 3:22 PM

All replies

• When you add a link it will open the entity and will load the default View which the logged in user have selected.

You can't display different views.

else you can write a custom web app [ISV solution].

Hope this helps.

Thanks, Ranjitsingh R | http://mscrm-developer.blogspot.com/ | MS CRM Consultant
    Tuesday, August 10, 2010 4:33 PM
  • Found answer:

Change SiteMap to add new link with URL as  below:

<Group Id="Customers" ResourceId="Group_Customers" DescriptionResourceId="Customers_Description">
              <SubArea Id="nav_accts" Entity="account" DescriptionResourceId="Account_SubArea_Description"
                       GetStartedPanePath="Accounts_Web_User_Visor.html" GetStartedPanePathAdmin="Accounts_Web_Admin_Visor.html" GetStartedPanePathOutlook="Accounts_Outlook_User_Visor.html" GetStartedPanePathAdminOutlook="Accounts_Outlook_Admin_Visor.html" />
              <SubArea Id="nav_conts" Entity="contact" DescriptionResourceId="Contact_SubArea_Description" GetStartedPanePath="Contacts_Web_User_Visor.html" GetStartedPanePathAdmin="Contacts_Web_Admin_Visor.html" GetStartedPanePathOutlook="Contacts_Outlook_User_Visor.html" GetStartedPanePathAdminOutlook="Contacts_Outlook_Admin_Visor.html" />

<SubArea Id="nav_test" Url="/_root/homepage.aspx?etc=1&amp;sitemappath=Workplace%7cCustomers%7cnav_accts&amp;viewid=%7b00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001002%7d&amp;viewtype=1039" >
          <Titles>
           <Title LCID="1033" Title="Test" />
          </Titles>
         </SubArea>

</Group>

Now I have Account,Contact and Test under Custom group.

The [Test] will link to "Active Accounts" View of Account Entity,

which [Account] link to "My Active Accounts" View of Account Entity.

• Marked as answer by NewCRM5 Wednesday, August 11, 2010 3:22 PM
    Wednesday, August 11, 2010 3:22 PM
  • I have used following URL

http://crm/TestCRM/_root/homepage.aspx?etc=2&viewid=00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001004

and its showing only active contacts- thats fine.

But View dropdown list is blank not having any value.. Any solution for this?

Please help...

Thanks in Advance!!

Saturday, August 14, 2010 2:31 PM
  • I wanted to include a link in the Workspace to a specific view I had created for Products. I had to lookup the entity code by viewing the source of some other crm pages, and lookup  the guid of the view by viewing the source on the normal products grid. Once i had those i used the xml below in the sitemap. And it worked well enough. I wanted to post this, even though the original is old because it took me awhile to figure out.

<SubArea Id="nav_products_edit" Entity="product" Url="/_root/homepage.aspx?etc=1024&amp;viewid=4E553582-183E-E011-AE13-001E4F2D1B93">
          <Titles>
           <Title LCID="1033" Title="Retail Courses"/>
          </Titles>
          <Privilege Entity="product" Privilege="Read,Write,Create" />
         </SubArea>

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 2:07 AM