Unable to debug the workflow activity using plugin workflow profiler RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I don't have access to CRM dev server so want to debug the workflow using workflow profiler.

I am using CRM 2013 SDK 6.1.0.519 and SDK 6.1.1.1143 plugin registration tool version and getting below error. I could manage to debug the logic by developing a console application.

Please suggest if there is any workaround to debug the workflow using plugin profiler. 

Error popup -Unable to enable or update the profiling configutaion due to an error.

Error Details - 

Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at PluginProfiler.Library.WorkflowXamlUtility.InstrumentStep(XmlNode activityNode, XmlNamespaceManager ns, InstrumentedStepConfiguration step, String workflowAssemblyName)
       at PluginProfiler.Library.WorkflowXamlUtility.InstrumentXaml(IOrganizationService service, String xaml, IList`1 steps)
       at PluginProfiler.Library.ProfilerManagementUtility.EnableWorkflow(IOrganizationService service, String overrideKeyFileName, Guid workflowId, Boolean persistToEntity, String persistenceSessionKey, Boolean includeSecureInformation, Boolean isContextReplay, CustomActivityStep[] workflowSteps)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.PluginRegistration.ProfilerSettingsViewModel.btnOk_Click()

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 7:36 PM

All replies

• There is a bug in the Plugin Registration Tool, that doesn’t allow you to profile workflow steps, that doesn’t have any argument. If you try to do this, you will get this exception.
    The workaround for this is to add a dummy argument, to keep the plugin profiler happy.
    [Input("Dummy Argument for Profiler")]
    [Default("Dummy Argument for Profiler")]
    public InArgument<string> DummyArgument { get; set; }
    Reference: https://dreamingincrm.com/2016/07/01/issues-in-debugging-custom-workflow-assemblies/
    • Proposed as answer by wawojr Friday, June 23, 2017 5:37 AM
    Wednesday, August 24, 2016 4:14 PM