Money not resonding RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using MS Money since 1994 (more recently Money 2004 Standard) with good results operating with Windows XP (Home Edition v 5.1).  After changing computers and OS to Windows V8 and reloading the program it worked well for several weeks but has now developed a problem.  After activating the program a window appears signifying use of the program could cause the program to alter the computer configuration - continue or not?  Since this time I have been unable to save any data which has been entered.  Moreover I have gone back to the original computer (Windows XP) and with current data from the new computer but this does not now work. Has the system been compromised and can I recover the package on my original computer as I have many years of data I would like to recover.

Sunday, September 13, 2015 2:19 AM

All replies

• You want to copy the *.mny file and the newer *.mbf files from the old computer. Keep a copy on different media in case you get a hard drive crash. Also keep a copy of any *.m12 or *.m14 files. What files do you have?

If you loaded the new computer from a disk that say "Microsoft Money" but does not say "Microsoft Money 2004" and says copyright 2004, that is not going to work.

Are you in the UK? If so, you will need the patched version of Money 2005 UK. If you are in the US, you will need Money Plus Sunset. The links are in the second sticky post in this forum.

Monday, September 14, 2015 8:29 PM